1. Do you buy any natural or organic foods?
2. What do you do for fruits and vegetables? (frozen, canned, fresh? wide variety or just the cheapest stuff?)
3. What do you eat for breakfasts?
4. What do you eat for snacks?
5. If you're in the US, how does your location's food costs compare to the national average? (go to http://www.bestplaces.net, search for your location, then click the "cost of living" link above the Overview table.)
My family of 2 adults and 1 toddler (who eats 1/4-1/2 an adult serving) is stuck at $75ish a week (although that includes non-food items) and I'm looking for some ways to shave that down a bit. Our food cost of living is 109% the national average.
Update: Changed the post title to be cost per person... I definitely did not think about the fact that for a family of 4, $50/week would be incredibly tight!
Edited by laurac5 - 3/24/11 at 8:24am