I'm due at the beginning of May with our first, and we had our hospital tour last night, and I'm interested in the Alternative Birthing Center at Women & Infants...but, I'm wondering if anyone has had an experience there??
- Like I said, its our first - yes, I'm nervous, but I'm pretty sure I can do this without the option of an epi.
- I like the atmosphere SO much better than the L&D rooms, just much more relaxed and quiet.
- I'm with the Center for Ob-Gyn, currently seeing an OB who I love but have met the midwives as well, if I have to switch that would be OK with me - (I think that's the case, but I'm not sure?)
- I am not comfortable with the Early Discharge option...but from what I see, its an OPTION, you don't have to use it...
- I would like the peace of mind of "some" monitoring which I think you still get at the ABC?
I think that's it for now...any insight, stories, experiences would be MUCH appreciated!