Parenting supplies mentioned in this thread:
- productBABY TREND Flex Loc Infant Car Seat EVEREST w/Basetagged by System, 3/25/11
- categoryBooster Car Seatstagged by System, 3/25/11
- categoryCar Seatstagged by System, 3/25/11
- productEvenflo Triumph LX Convertible Car Seat, Mediantagged by System, 3/25/11
- productPeg Perego Primo Viaggio SIP 30/30 Car Seat - Mareatagged by System, 3/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- Would you fly without a car seat? Last post on 1/24/14 at 7:19am in Family Safety
- What comes after a FF 65lb limit seat? Last post on 7/24/13 at 7:57pm in Family Safety
- should i switch to a boster seat Last post on 6/20/13 at 11:12am in Parenting
- booster seat not mandatory in Canada Last post on 10/23/11 at 7:32am in Family Safety
Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping into a Store?
Last edited: 3/10/14
- Five Children Die Each Day in Car CrashesLast edited: 3/7/13
- Five Children Die Each Day in Car Crashes
Poke a hole in this car booster claim
I've only seen a no back version till now
but it seems that one is on amazon too
In both cases though I would have though you'd have to get them blown up the same amount each time or the seat belt would not fit correctly.
I'm hopeless at blowing things up, not much use as a small travelling seat if I need to bring the air bed pump too.
Trying to imagine the taxi drivers face "hang on a minute I just need to blow up my kids car seat"
I would not want to put my 3yo in a booster but most people here (UK) do. In fact when we were looking for seats for DD (now 6 so about 4 years ago) there were several high back boosters marketed as suitable from 9 months
That looks like an awesome product.
For taking to restaurants to let kids sit up higher to eat.
Now, from a car perspective, what that "seat" would do is give the appearance of a seat to avoid fines and tickets. Y'know for all those people who care more about not getting in trouble for endangering their kids.
Although, they do claim it's been tested and approved for 15-36kg kids. Is there a list of approved U.K. seats somewhere to cross check?
Totally legal in the UK and europe to have a 3yo 15kg child in a booster seat. Did I do it - no, bit a lot of parents do. Higher weight harnessed seats are not available in UK at an affordable price, and US seats are illegal. The only legal higher weight seats I know of are the Swedish RF seats which are not cheap and not widely available, but availability is improving: http://www.rearfacing.co.uk/buyersguide.php. I have not seen them anywhere in Spain.So most parents are going to go from grp1 seat ((ff 9-18kg) to a grp 2/3 seat (15-36kg).
EC R44.04 is the safety regulation so it is legal in UK. Other similar seats are the bumblebum previously mentioned, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trunki-BoostApak-Travel-Pack-Booster/dp/B003HKQJFK and http://www.minno.se/BoostercushionwithbackpackSitSacProductInformation.htm
Generally parents in europe need more car seat options - higher harness weight, cheap seats would be fantastic, but I assume it would mean changing european regs.
DS outgrew his grp1 seat by height at 3y 1month and 13.5 kg. Rides in Kiddy comfort pro with impact cushion at 4y 8 months and 16.9 kg.
- › Custody Change 1 minute ago
- › PP Period 1 minute ago
- › Please help 3 minutes ago
- › juggling extracurriculars of child 3 minutes ago
- › OB vs. Midwife 5 minutes ago
- › Fertility Challenged Graduates Thread - Spring/Summer 2014 6 minutes ago
- › Baby sleep habits. 6 minutes ago
- › "Here Comes the Judgment" 6 minutes ago
- › mixed emotions... 7 minutes ago
- › March Chat/Vent 10 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild