Parenting supplies mentioned in this thread:
- productBABY TREND Flex Loc Infant Car Seat EVEREST w/Basetagged by System, 3/25/11
- categoryBooster Car Seatstagged by System, 3/25/11
- categoryCar Seatstagged by System, 3/25/11
- productEvenflo Triumph LX Convertible Car Seat, Mediantagged by System, 3/25/11
- productPeg Perego Primo Viaggio SIP 30/30 Car Seat - Mareatagged by System, 3/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- Would you fly without a car seat? Last post on 12/10/13 at 8:44am in Family Safety
- What comes after a FF 65lb limit seat? Last post on 7/24/13 at 7:57pm in Family Safety
- should i switch to a boster seat Last post on 6/20/13 at 11:12am in Parenting
- booster seat not mandatory in Canada Last post on 10/23/11 at 7:32am in Family Safety
Poke a hole in this car booster claim
I've only seen a no back version till now
but it seems that one is on amazon too
In both cases though I would have though you'd have to get them blown up the same amount each time or the seat belt would not fit correctly.
I'm hopeless at blowing things up, not much use as a small travelling seat if I need to bring the air bed pump too.
Trying to imagine the taxi drivers face "hang on a minute I just need to blow up my kids car seat"
I would not want to put my 3yo in a booster but most people here (UK) do. In fact when we were looking for seats for DD (now 6 so about 4 years ago) there were several high back boosters marketed as suitable from 9 months
That looks like an awesome product.
For taking to restaurants to let kids sit up higher to eat.
Now, from a car perspective, what that "seat" would do is give the appearance of a seat to avoid fines and tickets. Y'know for all those people who care more about not getting in trouble for endangering their kids.
Although, they do claim it's been tested and approved for 15-36kg kids. Is there a list of approved U.K. seats somewhere to cross check?
Totally legal in the UK and europe to have a 3yo 15kg child in a booster seat. Did I do it - no, bit a lot of parents do. Higher weight harnessed seats are not available in UK at an affordable price, and US seats are illegal. The only legal higher weight seats I know of are the Swedish RF seats which are not cheap and not widely available, but availability is improving: http://www.rearfacing.co.uk/buyersguide.php. I have not seen them anywhere in Spain.So most parents are going to go from grp1 seat ((ff 9-18kg) to a grp 2/3 seat (15-36kg).
EC R44.04 is the safety regulation so it is legal in UK. Other similar seats are the bumblebum previously mentioned, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trunki-BoostApak-Travel-Pack-Booster/dp/B003HKQJFK and http://www.minno.se/BoostercushionwithbackpackSitSacProductInformation.htm
Generally parents in europe need more car seat options - higher harness weight, cheap seats would be fantastic, but I assume it would mean changing european regs.
DS outgrew his grp1 seat by height at 3y 1month and 13.5 kg. Rides in Kiddy comfort pro with impact cushion at 4y 8 months and 16.9 kg.
- › Enter the BabyKicks and The Mindful Home Giveaway! 56 seconds ago
- › Handmade Holidays 2013 1 minute ago
- › How long were your labors? 2 minutes ago
- › Fabulous Forty Somethings TTC! 5 minutes ago
- › Considering a HB in western KY area 7 minutes ago
- › Is August the best time to have a baby? 9 minutes ago
- › Nursing Mamas 10 minutes ago
- › Dingo Bells, Dingo Bells, Dingo all the Way!!!! 12 minutes ago
- › Why are we so worried about vax vs non-vax? 14 minutes ago
- › 35+ Mamas 15 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Five Free, Festive Ways To Have Fun At Christmas by Sarah Clark
- › Cosleeping in a Coca-Cola Commercial by Brian Leaf
- › Terms and Conditions: BabyKicks and The... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Monica S
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh