Parenting supplies mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- should i switch to a boster seat Last post on 6/3/13 at 5:28am in Parenting
- booster seat not mandatory in Canada Last post on 10/23/11 at 7:32am in Family Safety
- Graco Click Connect 35? Last post on 5/31/13 at 4:03pm in Family Safety
- Talk to me about the new Clek Foonf convertible seat Last post on 2/27/13 at 6:37am in Family Safety
Poke a hole in this car booster claim
I've only seen a no back version till now
but it seems that one is on amazon too
In both cases though I would have though you'd have to get them blown up the same amount each time or the seat belt would not fit correctly.
I'm hopeless at blowing things up, not much use as a small travelling seat if I need to bring the air bed pump too.
Trying to imagine the taxi drivers face "hang on a minute I just need to blow up my kids car seat"
I would not want to put my 3yo in a booster but most people here (UK) do. In fact when we were looking for seats for DD (now 6 so about 4 years ago) there were several high back boosters marketed as suitable from 9 months
That looks like an awesome product.
For taking to restaurants to let kids sit up higher to eat.
Now, from a car perspective, what that "seat" would do is give the appearance of a seat to avoid fines and tickets. Y'know for all those people who care more about not getting in trouble for endangering their kids.
Although, they do claim it's been tested and approved for 15-36kg kids. Is there a list of approved U.K. seats somewhere to cross check?
Totally legal in the UK and europe to have a 3yo 15kg child in a booster seat. Did I do it - no, bit a lot of parents do. Higher weight harnessed seats are not available in UK at an affordable price, and US seats are illegal. The only legal higher weight seats I know of are the Swedish RF seats which are not cheap and not widely available, but availability is improving: http://www.rearfacing.co.uk/buyersguide.php. I have not seen them anywhere in Spain.So most parents are going to go from grp1 seat ((ff 9-18kg) to a grp 2/3 seat (15-36kg).
EC R44.04 is the safety regulation so it is legal in UK. Other similar seats are the bumblebum previously mentioned, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trunki-BoostApak-Travel-Pack-Booster/dp/B003HKQJFK and http://www.minno.se/BoostercushionwithbackpackSitSacProductInformation.htm
Generally parents in europe need more car seat options - higher harness weight, cheap seats would be fantastic, but I assume it would mean changing european regs.
DS outgrew his grp1 seat by height at 3y 1month and 13.5 kg. Rides in Kiddy comfort pro with impact cushion at 4y 8 months and 16.9 kg.
- › Weekly Chat Thread: 6/17-6/23 1 minute ago
- › Lost 5 y/o 3 minutes ago
- › Older Moms 7 minutes ago
- › How would you deal with this bilingual child's issue? 7 minutes ago
- › Cancer Freak Out 9 minutes ago
- › ~Weekly Chat Thread for June 15th-21st~ 9 minutes ago
- › How are you feeling? 16 minutes ago
- › induction or cesarean? 22 minutes ago
- › ~The TTC One Thread June 2013~ 26 minutes ago
- › Confused on how many weeks I actually am ... 31 minutes ago
- › Aveeno Cleansing baby shampoo by fayebond
- › Aveeno Soothing Oat Baby Wash by fayebond
- › Earth Mama Body Butter - 8oz by fayebond
- › Maclaren Beginning Travel Kit for Mother by fayebond
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by lightbulb
- › Bug Band Insect Repellent Wristbands - Blue by fayebond
- › Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray by fayebond
- › Do Naturals Just Berry Shampoo and Conditioner by fayebond
- › Zoe organics Baby Bath Tea by fayebond
- › Calming Blend Shampoo & Bodywash 17oz by fayebond
- › Ouch! How Homeopathy Can Help With Those... by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama