This is a great post. I am days away from closing on a house, camping out in/packing up the place we do live, mothering a toddler, and feeling exhausted, so nutrition is a struggle. Also, besides my fish oil and vitamin D (which I know are fine somehow) some of my other vitamins are making me throw up about 40 minutes after consuming them no matter what I eat them with. Very frustrating when I know I am not eating all the nutrients my baby needs.
So, I AM . . .
- Taking Vit. D, fish oil, Floridix, (and others as I am brave enough to attempt it)
- Drinking 2 cups at least of an infusion (4-12 hours steeping in boiling water--one cup of herb per quart of water) of RRL, nettle, oat straw, and comfrey (so glad these vitamins and minerals are easily assimilated)
- I am going to attempt a liquid iodine/vitamin C/selenium mixture to help boost my thyroid function
- At least a month out, I am going to start taking a strong (ie. expensive) probiotic possibly Dr. Ohiras (recommended from a MDC member during my last pregnancy) or Garden of Life
- I have gotten really addicted to sweets lately with the stress and the Easter candy (although there is ALWAYS a holiday to tempt me!). I am strongly considering a sugar fast and letting Stevia and natural fruit be the sweetest things in my life.
- And then try to make as many healthy options about food as I can--try to eat lots of protein and veggies!