We're almost finished with our co-sleeper! Here are 2 pictures. We added an adjustable shelf so that the mattress will be level with the bed. We also have the ability to lower the mattress so that when the baby can stand, they still won't be able to climb out the sides (the bed is another story). We still have to add the wood finish (beeswax) and make the mattress though. Pardon the clean laundry on the bed.
In other projects, I'm also almost finished with a little cardigan. I just need to knitthe final border, add button holes, and seam up the sides.
Last night I attempted to start a sleep sack (inspired by all you talented ladies, btw). I am very much a novice knitter. I had this leftover cotton yarn, and a variety of circular needles. No, I didn't bother to measure the gage. I figure I'd just wing it, so I cast on 60 stitches w/ size 13 needles, and the knit seems to be waaaay to loose. So I started over and did 50 stiches on size 9 needles. Size looks to be a bit better, but then I realized my 29" circulars were too long, and I couldn't actually knit in the round. I could have just knit in rows, but instead, I attempted a very risky "needle surgery," and unfortunately, we had a fatality. I pulled the plastic off of the bamboo needles, and cut the plastic to shorten it. Then, when I couldn't stuff it back on the end of the needle, I kept pulling at the plastic at the end of the needle (where it attaches) and ended up breaking it. I've never been an extremely patient person, but I can't believe I just broke the needles. I also did all of this while watching Harry Potter with DH (Half-Blood Prince- I'm determined to see the final one in the movie theater before the baby comes), so I was too engrossed to actually get up and look for the right tools for my little surgery.