or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bad cravings... - Page 3

post #41 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryS-F View Post

Another day, another jar of pickles.



biglaugh.gif

 

I laugh, but really, I am so with you.

post #42 of 82

I've had 4 pickles today- and they are all I can think about. Ice cold big fat deli pickles and a mango peach raspberry smoothie. I'm chained to my desk right no with no hope of relief for two more hours and no one to send out to fetch me such things- oh the horror.

 

Cravings are so weird, they are like neon flashing lights in your brain that will not stop until you give in- right?

post #43 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcernedKate View Post

Cravings are so weird, they are like neon flashing lights in your brain that will not stop until you give in- right?



Exactly.

So are you wanting the smoothie and the pickles together at the same time, or are these two separate cravings? :-)

post #44 of 82
All I have been craving is fruit. Fruit, fruit, fruit. eat.gif Pineapple, bananas, grapes, etc. So I decided to put my cravings to work for me. Since my innards are detoured (gastric bypass surgery), strawberries normall (TMI, sorry) go straight through me - do not pass go, do not collect $200. Since NOTHING has been working right in that department, I thought strawberries would be the perfect solution.

However, I ate TWO POUNDS of strawberries in a 24 hour period and nothing. I'm going to stop eating all together, regardless of cravings, if nothing I eat is ever coming out again!!! :mad

Aside from the brief period of morning sickness where nothing sounded good, I've mostly just been craving soup and fruit this whole pregnancy... Which I've known about for ten weeks tomorrow - wow!
post #45 of 82

I *was* loving fruit. What happened to that approved craving? After I polished off the mustard pickles last weekend, I blanched some green beans and put them in the jar with all that yummy mustard pickle juice and yesterday I got them out to "sample" (what was I thinking? I knew I would be eating them all, which I did!) 

 

 

 

post #46 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcernedKate View Post

I've had 4 pickles today- and they are all I can think about. Ice cold big fat deli pickles and a mango peach raspberry smoothie. I'm chained to my desk right no with no hope of relief for two more hours and no one to send out to fetch me such things- oh the horror.

 

Cravings are so weird, they are like neon flashing lights in your brain that will not stop until you give in- right?


I couldn't have put it better myself. They are that, exactly.

 

 

post #47 of 82

So I needed some fake sleep (caffeine) to get me through a work deadline, and I discovered something that is either very sad or very good.

 

After months of not being able to look at the stuff, diet coke now tastes awful to me. I am both pleased (I've never been happy about my love of the stuff) and dismayed (I loved that stuff! What happened?) Seriously, it now tastes like my iron pills or something. Ew.

post #48 of 82

This has happened to me, too! It just tastes...off. I used to LOVE diet coke - probably in an unhealthy way. Now a single sip of it is just yucky.

It's probably better for us in the long run, but it makes me afraid of the power of my own hormones! smile.gif

post #49 of 82

I can't do the diet coke either.  It just doesn't taste right.  Neither does coffee.  Really, nothing with caffiene or artificial sweeteners is appealing to me.

 

All I want is a blooming onion.  And the Outback is 45 minutes from my house.  And I just had one on Saturday.  I'm a bit obsessed.  i might insist when DH picks me up after my shift.

post #50 of 82

Oooh a blooming onion... I would KILL for a blooming onion! They don't have Outback here, so I haven't had one in three years now. guilty.gif Oh, and Outback's caesar salad... man, that dressing was da bomb!

post #51 of 82
We need some sort of food swapping arrangement. I've got an Outback here, but have never wanted a blooming onion in my life.

However, I would hurt someone for some penne with meat sauce from Luigi's (drive thru) in Spokane. Holy cow I miss that place.
post #52 of 82

Amen to that!

 

 

My latest is...lobster bisque.  I just can't get enough.  Have had it for lunch three days in a row.  Enjoying some now.  Yes'em.  It's delicious.  I'm seeming to want anything that is super calorie dense.  I guess the weeks of no real calories caught up to me!

post #53 of 82

At my first visit with the midwives, we went over my food intake diary and they asked me, "why the lowfat/nonfat milk & yoguart?"  I said because it was healthier.  They encouraged me to eat the full-fat versions and skip the cookies/sweets (which are endlessly left out at work all day). 

 

So, now, whole milk.  Holy cow, creamy delicious goodness down my throat.  Wow, is it good.

post #54 of 82

I looooove whole fat yogurt.  It is so good.  I hate anything but skim milk, but fatty yogurt is where it is at!

post #55 of 82

I ate a lot of whole milk products with DS. I'm not doing that now, because I'm trying not to retrain my taste buds to like that again and during my pg with him I gained I think over 40 lbs.! I want to keep it down this time. Though I more than lost it all last time, I have no idea how much I'll be able to focus on my own health and weight loss after a 2nd child, so I'd rather start out taking it easy. That said, I seem to have no problem eating a second brownie here and there. Bah.

post #56 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~pi View Post

So I needed some fake sleep (caffeine) to get me through a work deadline, and I discovered something that is either very sad or very good.

 

After months of not being able to look at the stuff, diet coke now tastes awful to me. I am both pleased (I've never been happy about my love of the stuff) and dismayed (I loved that stuff! What happened?) Seriously, it now tastes like my iron pills or something. Ew.


Correction: It is not the diet coke, it's the straw I was drinking out of, which I was keeping the cupboard with my iron pills. I am both pleased and dismayed again, but for the opposite reason.

 

post #57 of 82

Qdoba queso and chips for an afternoon snack - yes please

post #58 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~pi View Post




Correction: It is not the diet coke, it's the straw I was drinking out of, which I was keeping the cupboard with my iron pills. I am both pleased and dismayed again, but for the opposite reason.

 



ROTFLMAO.gif Too funny! Glad that diet coke hasn't been ruined for you for good.

post #59 of 82

I definitely wouldn't worry about it.....my number one pregnancy craving is very rare beef....like, I'm only 13 weeks along and the other day I brought home a roast beef to cook just for me to eat through the week.....I know rare meat probably isn't the safest thing...but it's less dangerous than I am if I ignore the craving ;)

post #60 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katico View Post

.I know rare meat probably isn't the safest thing...but it's less dangerous than I am if I ignore the craving ;)



I wish the same thing applied to my beer craving.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: October 2011