Dads get less time with the kiddos, so when they do it's nice for them to be active and wear baby for closeness, my hubby loved wearing our girls and would love your carrier for # 3 when we do get prego again;) And he's really hoping for a boy this time! I think Dad's feel more stylish wearing these than pushing a stroller!
Recent Images In This Thread
Parenting supplies mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Need help adjusting my Beco Last post on 6/5/11 at 10:11am in Babywearing
- Beco Butterfly Last post on 7/30/08 at 4:55pm in Babywearing Reviews
- The Home Birth of Madelynn Dixie Last post on 11/21/11 at 2:21pm in Birth Stories
- Hello from Beco! Last post on 11/23/11 at 7:54pm in Pleased to Meet You!
- testing Last post on 10/24/11 at 12:31pm in Testing One, Two, Three
Five Best Baby Carriers: Recommended by the Mothering Community
Edited on 3/26/13
Enter to WIN One of Three Beco Baby Carriers! - Page 2
Real men wear babies!! My husband wore our daughter as much as I did and we both really enjoy baby wearing. It's one of the most natural things and people always marveled at how our baby had such a good disposition and didn't cry much. We attribute that to baby wearing and nursing on demand. :) Your carriers are beautiful and we would love to have one!!
I would love to win one of these because my husband is just getting into attachment parenting and wants to take an active roll but all the carriers he's seen are very girly! Thank you so much for this awesome giveaway!
I'd love to win this!
I agree with "manly" patterns... maybe even some masculine features like a D-ring clip for keys or a velcro area for patches?
Also, just emphasizing the men more in advertising might be beneficial.
I would love one of these ~!!!!!
with my husband I didn't push it, he just saw the great bond my children and I formed from babywearing. He was in awe of how it soothed them and calmed them. He offers on a regular basis now :)
I always had a soft structured carrier around for my husband to use, but he never seemed to wear it. Finally, once our kiddo got heavy enough, his arms were tired and he gave in. I started finding the Ergo with all the straps on the largest settings, so I knew it was getting some use when I wasn't around. We're going to try for #2 this year, and would love to try a Beco.
I would love one of these carriers! My husband quickly became a convert to baby carriers when he realized how easy it was to get our little girl to sleep in one. That, and it was so much easier to protect her from anyone and anything when he held her close. ;-) Gotta love protective daddies!
I would love to win one of these as my husband loves to carry our son.
The advertisments need to show the man carrying the baby and his partner/wife looking at him in an adoring way vs having her always look only at the baby.
Next best thing is to show a man carrying a baby and have a women and her friends stare at him as they pass. I find nothing sexier than a man who is willing to carry is baby, and I am sure many women would agree with this.
The thing that made my dh babywear was having his own in a very Laredo size - a custom sized sling in the early months, and then a used hard structure carrier we found that was actually big enough for him. He is quite big so most carriers are too small to use at all, or too small to work well with his body even if the straps expand enough.
I would LOVE to win. I really enjoy baby wearing and still wear my 15 month old. :)
As far as getting men to wear them...it'd probably just take "manly" themed carriers and possibly (depending on the guy) more knowledge of the benefits of baby wearing. :)
OH my goodness, how I would love one of these carriers!! They are simply amazing!!
As for getting men to babywear, it's easy with my husband...usually when we go camping or hiking, he wants to be the one carrying the baby in the carrier :)
I would absolutely love one! I've always had an Ergo, but my daughter is complaining of it hurting her legs. The Becco is the one I wanted to try out! As far as getting men to babywear, advertising is a huge key. Have more daddies in the ads. Moms know they want one already. Also, have some "manly" prints...camo, American flag, etc. That might make it more appealing to them.
I want one! I want one!
My hubby wears our son all the time. I think "manly" colors are important as well as always keeping men in the advertising. The more they see it, the more it's normal! Also, my hubby seems to get lots of attention from the ladies when he's carrying our son. I'm usually not present... but my boys sure are chick magnets. Not that this should be a reason for men babywearing...
- Enter to WIN One of Three Beco Baby Carriers!
- › Teaching problem solving and deeper thinking... 35 minutes ago
- › Roll Call! 39 minutes ago
- › Relocating to So Cal, need suggestions on place to live commutable... 42 minutes ago
- › Is it too soon for a name thread? 49 minutes ago
- › ~Weekly Chat Thread for May 17th-May 23~ 54 minutes ago
- › How old are everyone's twins/multiples? 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Wanting to start using cloth wipes 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › May 2013 Chat Thread 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › May the road rise up to meet you, Dingoes everywhere! 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › First post-birth meal or snack 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Lansinoh 20265 Disposable Nursing Pads, 60-pack by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by earobb
- › Medela Nightime Nursing Sleep Bra by earobb
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by earobb
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by earobb
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › Lansinoh 20435 Breastmilk Storage Bags, 25-Count Boxes (Pack of 3) by KaliShanti
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo