or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › April 2011 › April Showers bring.... Babies! (Chat Thread)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

April Showers bring.... Babies! (Chat Thread) - Page 12

post #221 of 261

 

yay babies!!!

post #222 of 261

May 6th is still a long ways away, but my doctor wanted to schedule an induction for then just in case. I"ll be 41w3d. She actually gave me the option of May 9th, but said she'd be a lot more comfortable with the 6th because of the increased risk of meconium in the fluid. I'm going to talk with the doula and reschedule for the 9th if it seems like the right thing to do. Just the idea of having an induction scheduled makes me feel depressed--I really, really, really hope I go into labor on my own before then. I just don't know how much of a game changer it may be. I"ve been 1 cm and 50% for a month now.

 

I had some hopeful signs last night--Braxton Hicks have picked up the last couple days, particularly in the evening, and last night they actually hurt--felt stronger and were accompanied by back ache like menstrual cramps. Also, I possibly had a little bit of bloody show? It's hard to say because I had a cervical exam that morning and we DTD, but according to Penny Simkin blood from those activities is usually brownish, and this was red and mixed with mucous (possibly semen but it seemed a lot more mucous like). Also, I didn't bleed at all for several hours after the cervical exam, when before when I bled from that it started soon and was brown.

 

I've never done this before so anyone care to weigh in on whether that might have been bloody show or not? At any rate, everything seems to have died down by this morning but I'm just hopeful to have any signs that stuff is happening.

 

ETA: just checked and there was a biggish, rubbery blob of red mucous. Hmm. Sorry for the grossness.


Edited by Blanca78 - 4/23/11 at 10:13am
post #223 of 261
Sounds really promising, blanca!!!! My bloody show with dd was red and not brown,...here's to going you will be holding baby soon!
post #224 of 261


Thanks! I'm feeling hopeful. I talked to my doula and she said it sounds like my body may be getting ready; she seemed optimistic that induction is a fairly distant possibility. Fingers crossed for all of us for our bodies kicking into gear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalamos23 View Post

Sounds really promising, blanca!!!! My bloody show with dd was red and not brown,...here's to going you will be holding baby soon!


 

post #225 of 261

sounds good Blanca.  Hope this is it for you!!  and I would totally change the induction date!!  There isn't much difference between 41.3 and 41.6 ass far as the likelyhood of their being meconium.  I mean its just more common the further you are in pregnancy.  but hopefully you won't need it anyway! 

 

Come on ladies!!!  Let's have some easter babies today!!!!

post #226 of 261

I'm 40w4d today and feeling very depressed. My SIL who was due May 9th is at the hospital having her baby already. When DH told me that a couple hours ago I burst into tears. I'm facing induction next weekend which I do not want. But half of me wants to just drink the damned castor oil now and get this whole thing over with.  I feel guilty for being so pissy on Easter but I am just so depressed.    

post #227 of 261
Well I go in tonight at 2am for my induction. Tomorrow I will be ten days overdue, so I am glad my doc was comfortable enough to not give me a hard time about going this long. I feel fortunate that I will only have to go back to work for four days before summer break (I am a teacher), and the days I go back are half days because of finals, so I can go home to grab the baby then come back to work each day to grade tests and calculate final grades. I was really fretting having my baby earlier and having to leave her at six weeks old for full days of work.
It has been such a weird ride for me, because I have been so sick of being pregnant for several weeks now, but at the same time really wanting to go as long as possible so I do not have to leave the baby all day for work. I feel really lucky, and am not too sad about going the induction route. There is something freeing about not having to worry about labor. My last labor was so long and hard, and this time I am so tired all the time that I do not even know how I would have the energy to labor naturally. Being AMA (I am 41) certainly feels different than being younger and pregnant. I hope I have the energy to keep up with a third child!
post #228 of 261

 for all you ladies facing induction, i have nothing but positive things to say about pumping/nipple stim. i am convinced it got labor going for me, and labor was far less intense than when i was induced with my first kiddo.


.

 

post #229 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn237 View Post

I'm 40w4d today and feeling very depressed. My SIL who was due May 9th is at the hospital having her baby already. When DH told me that a couple hours ago I burst into tears. I'm facing induction next weekend which I do not want. But half of me wants to just drink the damned castor oil now and get this whole thing over with.  I feel guilty for being so pissy on Easter but I am just so depressed.    



I totally know how you feel.  I'm depressed too.  I got desperate and tried the castor oil last weekend and I wouldn't recommend it... horrible diarrhea and burning and I only took 2 tablespoons :(  I will NEVER resort to that again, no matter what.  I've tried everything possible to start labour, but all I ever get is practice and not real labour, it sucks.  I'll be getting induced next weekend if no labour before then too.  Bleh.

post #230 of 261
Mamaki, are you dilated or effaced any? I've heard the castor oil only works if you are ripe and your body just needs a little nudge, but I don't know.
post #231 of 261

are any nursing moms overdue?  I'm due thursday, my first two were 6 and 7 days early respectively so I'm wondering if this one will be too.  Nursing DD gets me a few ctx, but not for long!

post #232 of 261

40 weeks today.

 

I'm set up for my induction on Wednesday evening.  Though they are predicting a greater than 9# baby so I'm trying to wrap my head around the possibility of a c/s as well.  My doctor wanted to induce me last week because we finally were clear of chicken pox, but my parents had baby sat them the week before and then came down with influenza A.  Last week they all had fevers and coughs so we opted to wait.  Now it will be almost 2 weeks later and finally everyone is healthy, but the kid has had a chance to gain at least another pound.  Rats.  That's my official whining!

post #233 of 261



 

Quote:

Originally posted by Mamaki

 

I totally know how you feel. I'm depressed too. I got desperate and tried the castor oil last weekend and I wouldn't recommend it... horrible diarrhea and burning and I only took 2 tablespoons :( I will NEVER resort to that again, no matter what. I've tried everything possible to start labour, but all I ever get is practice and not real labour, it sucks. I'll be getting induced next weekend if no labour before then too. Bleh.

 

I have heard that not taking enough castor oil will do that...  I tried with DS and only took a couple tablespoons and vomited it all right back up.  When I took it with DD I took the recommended 2 oz. and it worked like it was supposed to.  Labor went on for 30 hours after that though.  My MW said she makes everyone take 2 doses, one four hours after the first, since she doesn't think one is enough to really start labor.  My water had been broken for 14 hours with DD but no contractions at all and 2 days before I wasn't dialated at all.  I will be naturally inducing to start... castor oil, nipple stim, hoping that will be enough.  If not then possibly AROM and/or pitocin.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclisa View Post

40 weeks today.

 

I'm set up for my induction on Wednesday evening.  Though they are predicting a greater than 9# baby so I'm trying to wrap my head around the possibility of a c/s as well.  My doctor wanted to induce me last week because we finally were clear of chicken pox, but my parents had baby sat them the week before and then came down with influenza A.  Last week they all had fevers and coughs so we opted to wait.  Now it will be almost 2 weeks later and finally everyone is healthy, but the kid has had a chance to gain at least another pound.  Rats.  That's my official whining!


How are they predicting?  Via ultrasound?  They thought my first was over 10 and he was 8lb13oz so those can be off by a lot.  How big were your others?  Have you been induced before?
 

 

post #234 of 261

I've been gone for a few days because I was off having my baby. orngbiggrin.gif She was a planned UBAC turned CBAC, but overall a very good experience - about a billion times better than when I had DS! Her name is Abigail Kathleen and we're calling her Abby. She was born 4/21/11 at 3:26pm, weighing 7lb 5oz, and has a full head of thick blonde hair and gray/blue eyes.She's GORGEOUS, I'm thrilled she's a girl, and I couldn't be happier! We just got home a couple of hours ago, so I'll be typing up our story after I get a good night's sleep in my own bed with no one waking me to take my vitals!

post #235 of 261

Well, congratulations on your Abby!!

post #236 of 261

The weight is by the perinatologists who have a track record of being +/- 1/2 a pound.  Not the usual 1 pound.

 

Kids 1-4 were all inductions for going 41 weeks.

post #237 of 261

Congrats to you Mandy!!  Can't wait to read your birth story! 

 

I did 4oz of castor oil to get me into labor this time.  I'd never done it before.  I didn't think it was so bad, didn't mix it just chugged it and it worked- had the baby 8 hours after taking it.  Wish I hadn't had to go that route though, it was a pretty intense labor.  If my water hadn't started leaking I wouldn't have done it. 

 

 

I had an ultrasound the same day I had the baby and they said he was approx. 7lbs 6oz but he was born at 8lbs 13oz.  of course there was a student doing it- all I was there for was an AFI and the real tech did that and then the student did measurements so she could check it off of her list.  (they asked 1st if it was okay) but obviously she needs more practice.  I'm sure the peri. is Much, much more accurate!!  

 

Good luck this week everyone!

 

post #238 of 261

I went to a MFM 3 days before the baby was born and their u/s tech estimated 6lb 8oz to 6lb 10z. The baby was 6lb 9oz!

post #239 of 261



Congrats!  Lookign forward to hearing your birth story!  Enjoy your new blessing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkajane View Post

I've been gone for a few days because I was off having my baby. orngbiggrin.gif She was a planned UBAC turned CBAC, but overall a very good experience - about a billion times better than when I had DS! Her name is Abigail Kathleen and we're calling her Abby. She was born 4/21/11 at 3:26pm, weighing 7lb 5oz, and has a full head of thick blonde hair and gray/blue eyes.She's GORGEOUS, I'm thrilled she's a girl, and I couldn't be happier! We just got home a couple of hours ago, so I'll be typing up our story after I get a good night's sleep in my own bed with no one waking me to take my vitals!



 

post #240 of 261

Okay, so....since I'm just sitting home NOT having a baby....  can anyone tell me how to add the tagline with the emoticons so it shows up on each post?  Hoping another bored momma out there will be looking for something to do...  orngbiggrin.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: April 2011
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › April 2011 › April Showers bring.... Babies! (Chat Thread)