Sometimes it strikes me as unfair, all the things my SO gets to do that I don't, as a mom. This is a vent, but maybe I can find solace in knowing I'm not alone in these feelings.
Here is my list.
- Reading a book. He gets to read while I nurse our kid to bed. For hours. Lying in the dark.
- Going to work, and staying at work. If there's a problem or the kid needs care, that's my job.
- Keeping a schedule. My schedule revolves around our kid.
- Playing video games. Seriously?
- Sleeping a full stretch. If he wants, he can sleep in another room so the quiet sounds of our kid's every-few-hours nursing don't wake him.
- Eating a meal all the way through.
- Working toward a deadline. When I have a deadline, I have to plan weeks in advance, because I don't get to pull all-nighters.
- Going to the bathroom. Seriously, spending some time sitting on the can. Alone. With the door shut.
- Showering alone.
What is it for you -- what do you miss out on that your SO doesn't?