I am now in week 39, and I am trying to be prepared for birth starting at any time now, keeping in mind that I may well stay preggo for 3 more weeks or more. But anyway; I try to be prepared by keeping the house fairly in order, stocking up on groceries etc. But the mental thing is wearing on me now. I am a bit tired of anticipating signs and staying emotionally and mentally ready every day and night. It feels so strange knowing that I am about to run a marathon very soon, I just don't know when it will start!
I try to:
- go to bed relatively early so that I have had a chance to sleep some should it start in the early hours
- stay hydrated and well fed throughout the day
- take pauses, small naps
- treating myself to positive affirmations daily
- visualizing my dream birth
- keeping a good dialogue with DH so that we are ready to do this together
I would love to get some input as to how you are all coping! Please tell me what you do to be ready, mamas!
PS: I am not impatient, I feel calm. It is not like this is totally dominating our days, our normal lives goes on pretty much like normal. So I am not obsessing. I would just like to hear how you are all dealing with this "it-can-happen-any-minute-periode-of-our-lives" :)