or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › August 2011 › I think my pubic bone is in a vice :(
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I think my pubic bone is in a vice :(

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 

Oh my gosh mamas! I've had this ache in my pubic bone with all my pregnancies, but not at 23 weeks! This is more of a late 3rd tri issue for me usually. It hurts! A light throbbing when I am sitting, and a dull ache when I am standing, the worst when I walk. Anyone else? Cry with me? bawling.gif lol.gif

post #2 of 20
.
Edited by kristandthekids - 1/16/13 at 7:10pm
post #3 of 20

I second the chiropractor! Might be that your joints have softened and moved and you want them to stop that!

post #4 of 20
Thread Starter 

Oh my gosh I am so scared of the chiropractor it is not even funny. Like wake up in the night in a cold sweat kind of scared. I know people swear by them and love them, but I know if I ever went to one, all my bones would break shy.gif blush.gif

post #5 of 20

I get that too! I'm sure I could benefit from seeing a chiropractor. I fell over the banister on the second floor of our house when I was about 10 and never saw a chiropractor.


 

post #6 of 20

It's important to know that there are many different kinds!

 

Mine is gentle and very rarely does anything "thrusty." She uses a little activator: http://www.activator.com/chiropractic-conditions/activator-explained/

or energy work most of the time. Only in rare cases does she use cracking techniques. She also does fabulous pubic bone work.

 

She asks you to show her where your pubic bone is (you're dressed and she's not going to go searching!) and then exerts very gentle pressure as the table drops. You feel the table drop and then better.

 

It's very important to get good, descriptive recommendations for chiropractors and talk to them about their style and experience.

 

If you still don't wanna go, don't! Never do something you don't want to do.

 

Do you do any of the Spinning Babies things? http://www.spinningbabies.com/techniques/in-pregnancy/daily-activities

Those are great. Also, being aware of your pelvis and how it sits - try to not sit crookedly, balance evening on your hips so that you don't encourage twisting or having one hip higher. Keeping your legs stretched is helpful, so the tight muscles don't pull uneveninly on your pelvis. Massage is good, too!

 

I'm sorry you're hurting :(

post #7 of 20
.
Edited by kristandthekids - 1/16/13 at 7:10pm
post #8 of 20

I'll cry with you!  My SP is killing me!  Just last night when I got up to pee (again) I hobbled to the bathroom in so much pain wondering "how bad is this going to be at 38 weeks?!"  It never hurt this bad with my prev 2 pregnancies.  :(  I am going to see a chiro, though, because I really want some relief.

 

This is so funny b/c I was actually going to come here to start a thread about this exact thing!!

post #9 of 20

Mine has been bothering me and even causing issue having sex!  My joints are crappy in general, and I already had sciatica, so I imagine it is only going to get worse.  We have no money, and I doubt I get any real coverage for chiro care. :/

post #10 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckily View Post

It's important to know that there are many different kinds!

 

Mine is gentle and very rarely does anything "thrusty." She uses a little activator: http://www.activator.com/chiropractic-conditions/activator-explained/

or energy work most of the time. Only in rare cases does she use cracking techniques. She also does fabulous pubic bone work.

 

She asks you to show her where your pubic bone is (you're dressed and she's not going to go searching!) and then exerts very gentle pressure as the table drops. You feel the table drop and then better.

 

It's very important to get good, descriptive recommendations for chiropractors and talk to them about their style and experience.

 

If you still don't wanna go, don't! Never do something you don't want to do.

 

Do you do any of the Spinning Babies things? http://www.spinningbabies.com/techniques/in-pregnancy/daily-activities

Those are great. Also, being aware of your pelvis and how it sits - try to not sit crookedly, balance evening on your hips so that you don't encourage twisting or having one hip higher. Keeping your legs stretched is helpful, so the tight muscles don't pull uneveninly on your pelvis. Massage is good, too!

 

I'm sorry you're hurting :(



 

Anybody else in love with Beckily's links? I swear every time I read one of your posts I end up on the floor doing these different "moves"...my husband walked in last night and started scratching his head in confusion. HaHa! IT WORKS though! 

 

As for the original question... My pain is in my uterus right above my pubic bone...I have no clue if this is normal but it's a constant ache. Gotta love low babies??? 

 

post #11 of 20


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingmommyhood View Post





 

Anybody else in love with Beckily's links? I swear every time I read one of your posts I end up on the floor doing these different "moves"...my husband walked in last night and started scratching his head in confusion. HaHa! IT WORKS though! 

 

As for the original question... My pain is in my uterus right above my pubic bone...I have no clue if this is normal but it's a constant ache. Gotta love low babies??? 

 


I'm glad! :D

 

That's an interesting place for pain. Your bladder is right there.. Hm! Have to pee every two minutes? :)

 

post #12 of 20

Oh yes, I feel your pelvis pain! Except mine is more in my hips. Yay for relaxin loosening things up - my left hip has been super sticky and somehow "out" (it hurts in certain positions) the whole pregnancy (sometimes I can get it to move back in place but not stay there) and now my right hip is doing some of the same. And my sacrum is stiff. I feel better when I walk a lot and don't sit in chairs and stretch, but these don't solve the problem. I've considered chiro but I feel like my muscles/posture are what is pulling my joints out in the first place and haven't figured out quite what's going on yet. I'd like to know what to change before I spend money on chiro.

post #13 of 20

DDC from June-

This book saved my life during my second pregnancy (and this current one) after crippling pain in my first:  http://www.amazon.com/Relieving-Pelvic-During-After-Pregnancy/dp/0897934806/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1302791783&sr=8-1

post #14 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusarctos View Post

Oh yes, I feel your pelvis pain! Except mine is more in my hips. Yay for relaxin loosening things up - my left hip has been super sticky and somehow "out" (it hurts in certain positions) the whole pregnancy (sometimes I can get it to move back in place but not stay there) and now my right hip is doing some of the same. And my sacrum is stiff. I feel better when I walk a lot and don't sit in chairs and stretch, but these don't solve the problem. I've considered chiro but I feel like my muscles/posture are what is pulling my joints out in the first place and haven't figured out quite what's going on yet. I'd like to know what to change before I spend money on chiro.

 

Here I go again. Sorry, I adore this site!

 

http://www.spinningbabies.com/techniques/in-pregnancy/daily-activities

 

Do the sacrum push thing!! It's soooo good! You can do it standing like that or in a comfy position - on your side, on your hands and knees. They just need to press into the sacrum until they feel the bone and then down away from your head. Hold as long as they can as you'll be busy saying, "Oh yeaaaaaah" ;)
 

 

post #15 of 20

Thanks Becky :)

post #16 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusarctos View Post

Thanks Becky :)



You're welcome!

That and left piriformis pain are my main thing these days. I can't decide if the muscle is yanking the sacrum over or the vice versa, but I object strongly either way.

post #17 of 20

I've not got the pubic pain yet, but this last week marks the beginning of my pubic crunching.  Yup, I can feel crunching.  It's gross.  I'm sure the pain will start soon.  Sigh.

 

Becky, I am so jealous of all the spinning babies moves!  My partner is so physically useless right now (BAD back injury).  I've tried the solo moves a few times, but the rebozo sifting looks heavenly, and I know that I love the sacral release from my last pregnancy.  I just need a partner for it!

post #18 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italiamom View Post

I've not got the pubic pain yet, but this last week marks the beginning of my pubic crunching.  Yup, I can feel crunching.  It's gross.  I'm sure the pain will start soon.  Sigh.

 

Becky, I am so jealous of all the spinning babies moves!  My partner is so physically useless right now (BAD back injury).  I've tried the solo moves a few times, but the rebozo sifting looks heavenly, and I know that I love the sacral release from my last pregnancy.  I just need a partner for it!


I am so very sorry about his back! :(

 

There are many women in Portland who do the Mayan Abdominal Massage and they can do both of those things :) Well. They might skip the rubozo, but they can do plenty of other things!

https://arvigotherapy.com/practitioners?value_3=&city=portland

 

If you came up here, I'd totally do it for you, though! Because it IS heavenly.

 

post #19 of 20

hello everyone! My husband is a chiro and he uses Gonstead as a technique exclusively. You will get a real adjustment going to a Gonstead Doc because they will be moving your bone which needs to happen in order to fix the problem.(unlike many of the other techniques). Using the Gonstead technique it is gentle, quick, and very specific. I would highly suggest going to see a Gonstead doctor if you are going to see a Chiropractor. Check this websit to find a doc near you and to learn more about it.

http://www.gonstead.com/members/find_doctor.php

post #20 of 20

I'm dying as well. I desperately need to go to the chiro but my *good* one is almost 30 minutes away, trying to get care for children, rearrange things and get over there so far has been impossible and she is usually booked out weeks in advance. greensad.gif I've had SPD in varying degrees previously but I don't think I've ever been in this much pain this early. It's been more uncomfortable and I just deal with it, this time I've already been waddling for 2 months now. The last week has been getting worse rapidly, my right hip keeps catching, it pops and then I can't move it, I end up holding on to my pants leg, and physically pulling that leg along while I walk. Not really fun while chasing after 3 kids. I'm sitting here resting now, resting and gearing up for for dinner, bath, and bedtime rush that always leaves me unable to walk the rest of the night. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: August 2011
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › August 2011 › I think my pubic bone is in a vice :(