hi mommas, seems like all three of us have quite a bit in common :) 1st time mama, I am right with you. My daughter will be one early june and all I can think about is the next baby, but no AF yet either. DD still wakes about twice a night to nurse and I too have heard that it is the night nursings for some reason, that keep AF away.
DH teases me about beings so obsessed with the next labor and delivery and what I hope for because we aren't even pregnant yet lol
But I had such an unpleasant birth experience that I just want to be read up and full of knowledge to prepare for the next one. And of course am praying we have a better experience 2nd time around. I am still torn on whether to plan a hb again with a new midwife who I think will be amazing or use a NCB friendly OB who I hear NOTHING BUT wonderful things about. I meet with her next month for an annual and plan on visiting with her then about my options for a "as close to natural" as possible birth in hospital. But 1st time mama, your mw had a VERY good point about the hospital not tolerating long labors. So I will either hb or stay home until I can no longer keep it together through contractions and head to the hospital then :)
1st time mama- so you're no doubt home birthing again? Do you worry about exhaustion? I labored close to 48 hours including early labor and active labor lasted about 7 hours and pushing a few hours of those 7. I really worry about exhaustion but you can only hope the 2nd time around is shorter and easier like it is "suppose" to be.
ZakareyasMama- your situation is SO similar to mine. Labored about the same length of time only I transferred for asynclitic positioning of the baby, she was stuck & NOT coming out after hours of pushing. It was painful and I can't say I enjoyed a SINGLE thing about the home birth experience. Maybe if I had been able to push her out at home and then already be home and shower in my own bathroom, rest in my own bed etc. it would have had a different feel. But my experience was that the hospital staff was FAR more supportive and attentive to my needs than the two midwives I had. I felt safer at the hospital and that is ultimately where I "got it done" (still ended up pushing her out unmedicated, vaginally) Anyway, Have you decided what you'll do next time??
Part of me thinks 2nd time is SUPPOSE to be shorter, easier, more familiar etc. I should try for the home birth I originally wanted, like you said about your water birth wishes. But then like you, I too am not sure it is a risk I am willing to take. Especially since now it isn't just me I need to think about but also my little girl. Since my experience I have read and come across so many hb moms who were in serious trouble and I've become very aware of all the million things that could go terribly wrong which could require immediate medical intervention, technology or medicine. So I am currently leaning towards NCB friendly OB in a hospital. BUT I do realize and acknowledge that HAD I been in a hospital I would have definitely been given a c section! Pushing for 2+ hours, they would have never allowed that. So I guess if I do go hospital route this time, I won't go to the hospital until contractions are unbearable :) then hopefully I will already be in active labor and not be there long lol :) What about you, any knew thoughts?