or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Birth Announcements - Page 7

post #121 of 178
Thread Starter 

i'm officially caught up with all the announcements.  if i've overlooked anyone (please forgive me and) let me know.  i will link birth stories as they're posted.

 

congrats to our newest mamas and welcome to the little ladies kentley and claire (slowly, but surely, the girls are catching up).

post #122 of 178

I had my 4th daughter on the 16th (my 31st birthday). Genevieve Faith 8 lbs. 5 oz. 20 1/2 inches. Not the water birth I planned but it was still a perfect natural birth!

post #123 of 178
Thread Starter 

congrats mama and welcome genevieve (beautiful name).  four little girls, how wonderful!

post #124 of 178

Samstress, can't wait to hear your birth story! I really want to know how everything went. I looked to see if you had posted, but don't see anything. 

 

Congrats to all the new mamas! The stories and pics are amazing and I am so glad that everyone is doing well and the babies are so dang cute!

 

 

post #125 of 178
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceriserenee View Post

Samstress, can't wait to hear your birth story! I really want to know how everything went. I looked to see if you had posted, but don't see anything.

 


oh, thanks cerise.  i'm working on it. 

 

how are you doing?  aren't you due tomorrow?  feeling close?

 

post #126 of 178
Congrats to all the new mommies and babies! Can't wait to read more birth stories in the coming days!

Congrats Samstress on your vbac!!
post #127 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by samstress View Post




oh, thanks cerise.  i'm working on it. 

 

how are you doing?  aren't you due tomorrow?  feeling close?

 



Yes Samstress...today is my due date and funny, I felt closer two weeks ago than I do today. My prodromal labor has lowed dramatically, although baby has dropped lower. I was hoping to avoid having to go to the doctor today because today the little interventions start. I have to have an U/S today to check that he doesn't have the cord around his neck, that the placenta is still working properly, and that the fluid is good. Then I need to go for an NST to make sure that baby is moving well and his heartbeat is fine over a period of time. VBAC's are harder here, so although my midwife team is very trusting, they have a lot of hoops to jump through if you make it to your due date. Plus, the main midwife is still out of the country until Wednesday of next week, so she is not here to fight for me...and her backup team is doing the best they can. 

I feel like it is a lot of pressure now that I have hit today, but hopefully there will be no problems with waiting and that he is doing great in there! They can try to membrane sweep, and other little things, but I can't actually be induced in the hospital because of the VBAC, so if it gets to that point, they will just do the RCS. 

 

Keep me in your thoughts if you can!

post #128 of 178
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceriserenee View Post

Yes Samstress...today is my due date and funny, I felt closer two weeks ago than I do today. My prodromal labor has lowed dramatically, although baby has dropped lower. I was hoping to avoid having to go to the doctor today because today the little interventions start. I have to have an U/S today to check that he doesn't have the cord around his neck, that the placenta is still working properly, and that the fluid is good. Then I need to go for an NST to make sure that baby is moving well and his heartbeat is fine over a period of time. VBAC's are harder here, so although my midwife team is very trusting, they have a lot of hoops to jump through if you make it to your due date. Plus, the main midwife is still out of the country until Wednesday of next week, so she is not here to fight for me...and her backup team is doing the best they can. 

I feel like it is a lot of pressure now that I have hit today, but hopefully there will be no problems with waiting and that he is doing great in there! They can try to membrane sweep, and other little things, but I can't actually be induced in the hospital because of the VBAC, so if it gets to that point, they will just do the RCS. 

 

Keep me in your thoughts if you can!

 

will definitely keep you in my thoughts.  i absolutely know what you're going through.  each day past my due date, more doctors were telling me that i was putting my baby at risk.  i hate to think that VBACs are harder where you are, because mine was very hard won.  even while i was pushing, they were preparing the OR and saying that there was a 90% chance that i'd end up a RCS.  luckily, i didn't hear any of that (only heard my dh cheering me on).  although, i did hear a nurse who kept announcing the baby's heart rate with every contraction (60s, 50s...). :(  i did get my VBAC (at one day short of 42 weeks) and i'm so hoping that you get yours too (and that labor starts soon). fingersx.gif
 

 

post #129 of 178

Ethan James Monaghan was born on 5/16/11 @ 8:38 am.  Born at home into the loving arms of his family and our wonderful midwife, 7 lbs 2 oz.  I'm still writing up the birth story, hopefully I'll have it posted soon!  :-D

post #130 of 178


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by samstress View Post


 

 

will definitely keep you in my thoughts.  i absolutely know what you're going through.  each day past my due date, more doctors were telling me that i was putting my baby at risk.  i hate to think that VBACs are harder where you are, because mine was very hard won.  even while i was pushing, they were preparing the OR and saying that there was a 90% chance that i'd end up a RCS.  luckily, i didn't hear any of that (only heard my dh cheering me on).  although, i did hear a nurse who kept announcing the baby's heart rate with every contraction (60s, 50s...). :(  i did get my VBAC (at one day short of 42 weeks) and i'm so hoping that you get yours too (and that labor starts soon). fingersx.gif
 

 

Thanks! I am so happy you got your VBAC, and that you and baby are healthy and happy! 

I had my appointment this evening and nothing much has changed. She did say the baby's head is further down and my cervix is softer, but still only 1cm (Plus a little), 50% effaced. The other thing was that my blood pressure was up a little and she was very worried about that. I also gained a couple pounds this week, which she freaked out about and started saying that I needed to be off refined carbs and watch my diet and blah blah...to which I relied, "I have only gained 7-9 lbs this whole pregnancy and I am not going to freak out at the end. Especially when my digital scale at home doesn't show I have gained 2 lbs, only the old fashioned one in the office" So that got dropped. 

 

I have my U/S tomorrow and we will see how everything is, but baby's heartbeat is perfect, he is moving splendidly and everything else seems great!

 


 

 

post #131 of 178
My guy, Baby B, arrived at 12:23pm. He weighed 8lbs, 12oz and was 21 in long. It was a great homebirth...very fast.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Edited by L&K'smommie - 5/27/11 at 6:15pm
post #132 of 178

omg, cerise! what a lunatic! as if trying to get you worried about 2 lbs of weight gain helps your blood pressure anyways! 

i am hoping and praying you get your VBAC!

i'll add my birth story soon!

 

zao aaven born at 5:32 am on may 23, 9 lbs 3.5 oz and 20.5 inches long. love her!

post #133 of 178

well today I went in to get my "butt screwed on straight" as the chiropractor says.

 

I was a bit worried as I didn't feel the baby move all night so I had an impromtu visit to the midwife, but all is good.

 

My inlaws leave tomrrow morning ( I was hoping to have the baby while they were in town they are soooo helpful) but it doesn't look like is going to happen!!

 

Maybe my body won't go into labor until they leave though, maybe I need everything to go back to our "normal" for me to relax enough...who knows!

 

Anyone else feeling very sleepy? Not just tired but sleepy?...does that make sense

 

Rylee congratulations!!

post #134 of 178

love the name....truly.

post #135 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by L&K'smommie View Post

My guy, Beckham Cole, arrived at 12:23pm. He weighed 8lbs, 12oz and was 21 in long. It was a great homebirth...very fast.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations! Welcome to the world Beckham!
 

 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryleeee View Post

omg, cerise! what a lunatic! as if trying to get you worried about 2 lbs of weight gain helps your blood pressure anyways! 

i am hoping and praying you get your VBAC!

i'll add my birth story soon!

 

zao aaven born at 5:32 am on may 23, 9 lbs 3.5 oz and 20.5 inches long. love her!


Congratulations Rylee! How wonderful, and I saw pics, she is completely cute and cuddly and I love, LOVE, chubby little babies. My daughter was 9 lbs also when she was born. 

I weighed myself here at the house on my digital scale this morning and I am the same that I was last week, so it it just their scale that seems to be the problem. It is sad that my scale is more professional than the one at the doctor's office, but this is South America after all...lol

I will update after my U/S, and thanks so much for keeping me in your thoughts!

 

 

I am also feeling very sleepy, so I completely understand that! My doula says I am getting ready for the big day...I hope so :D As of today I am officially past my due date, but my mother in law told me my husband was born 15 days past his due date...so I am not going to sit around holding my breath!

 

post #136 of 178
Here's a picture:
d889d694-3dff-f38b.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #137 of 178

Oh how I love baby pics!!!!! What a cutie-pie!

 

Had my U/S and everything is perfect, they can't find a single reason to ask me to have a c-section! No cord around the neck, weight is 8lbs or so, no placental issues, no problems at all! 

 

I am so happy that he is so healthy and am knowing he will come out when he is good and ready!

post #138 of 178
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by L&K'smommie View Post

My guy, Baby B, arrived at 12:23pm. He weighed 8lbs, 12oz and was 21 in long. It was a great homebirth...very fast.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


on the 24th?

 


Edited by samstress - 5/27/11 at 7:22pm
post #139 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by samstress View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by L&K'smommie View Post

My guy, Beckham Cole, arrived at 12:23pm. He weighed 8lbs, 12oz and was 21 in long. It was a great homebirth...very fast.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


on the 24th?

Yep smile.gif


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #140 of 178
I think rylee's little girl was born on the 23rd smile.gif

Thanks for putting this together.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: May 2011