Originally Posted by penstamon
I refuse to buy anything to wear for a month or less! Naked would be great or a nice bodysuit for some support that I could pee in without taking it off...
I'd take anything that I could pee in without taking it off (and somehow not smell like pee, which I do anyway because I have to pee so often and it's harder to reach to wipe, and all the awkward folds are swollen and weird - oh, um... TMI? I'm sure I can't be only one with this problem... lol!)
I've always had a long torso and really hard to fit legs (short, muscular and curvy), so I figured I'd be having a problem at this point with pants staying up and shirts staying down, and I am...
I LOVE the destination maternity shelf-bra tanks - they're the only things that cover my whole belly and a bit more right now, and I wear them with cardigans (that I can't actually button, but they cover my shoulders for work) - I got one, loved it, and got 3 more when I returned a different shirt (that looked totally cute online, but totally weird and grandmaish in person AND didn't cover my belly).
The actual "pant" part of all of my pants seems to ride super low, so the only thing that's keeping me decent is the stretchy belly bands on top, and at this point, I just don't care if they're visible... if anyone wants to complain about how it looks, THEY can carry the kid for me and/or buy/make me some pants that fit better.
I was saying to DP last night that I was actually pretty proud that I managed picked out a versatile set of clothes that should be good for the next pregnancy too...
official maternity wardrobe:
- 2 belly bands (black and white)
- 3 nursing bras - 2 pretty nice ones from pea in the pod (black & nude), 1 cheapie from Target that already needs a sewing fix (gray)
- Maternity one-piece swimsuit (can also wear my bikini, since the bottom ties on & is totally adjustable)
- 2 pairs of corduroys (black and brown)
- super-fashionable convertible pants/capris w/cool zipper pockets
- maternity jeans (wish I'd found these earlier - and they're kind of falling off/not sitting right now)
- 2 solid 3/4 length shirts (bluish and reddish)
- burgundy/deep purple striped 3/4 sleeve shirt
- light/dark purple striped shortsleeve shirt
- gray turtleneck capsleeve cashmere sweater
- black maternity tights
- 2 paks of maternity thongs (my old underwear still works, but these fit MUCH better),
- 4 shelf-bra tanks (2 black [one with cat claw holes], 1 gray, 1 pink
- maternity dress in burgundy/purple with white "east indian" pattern
non-maternity clothes I've been wearing:
- sports bras (though some are kind of too small at this point)
- Jackets, sweatshirts, cardigans (not all of these can zip/button - fortunately I had a london fog jacket from before I lost weight a few years ago - that saved me from buying a maternity jacket!)
- skirts that are stretchy or sit below the belly
- bathrobe - more like a bath top now.
- pj pants & sweats - sitting below the belly
- oversize t-shirts (that aren't so oversize anymore)
oh, and I'm down to about 4 pairs of shoes - my ankles/calves aren't really swollen (they actually look AWESOME!), but my feet are! I know my feet shrunk when I lost weight a few years ago, so it's no surprise that I put on 25lbs and my feet got bigger - lol!