or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Welcome to Mothering! › Connect With Other Moms › Cannabis Mamas and MJ lovers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cannabis Mamas and MJ lovers - Page 8

post #141 of 177

general question for breast feeding cannabis mamas:

 

are you worried about the herb in your breast milk getting into your baby and affecting her/him? 

 

NO JUDGEMENTS HERE!, just curious what you may know or if you have seen a change in your baby's behavior when you smoke and nurse??

post #142 of 177
I did a lot of research and decided I was comfortable with breastfeeding while smoking. I never noticed a difference in my nurslings behaviour. Since I use(d) cannabis to help with depression, I also felt it would benefit my kids to have a functioning mother.
post #143 of 177
Double post!
post #144 of 177
I did a lot of research and decided I was comfortable with breastfeeding while smoking. I never noticed a difference in my nurslings behaviour. Since I use(d) cannabis to help with depression, I also felt it would benefit my kids to have a functioning mother.
post #145 of 177

I think mothering wrote an article about that when they still had the magazine. Maybe check the archives

post #146 of 177
Actually there are already cannabinoids in breastmilk smile.gif And they are pretty important in the beggining for establishing a supply.

http://www.theweedblog.com/does-breast-milk-contain-cannabinoids/
post #147 of 177

Thanks for the link, I saved the blog. really good info there

post #148 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by katieesther View Post

Actually there are already cannabinoids in breastmilk smile.gif And they are pretty important in the beggining for establishing a supply.

http://www.theweedblog.com/does-breast-milk-contain-cannabinoids/

I was just going to say that!

I have such a low tolerance, one hit and I'm gone. So right now I don't consume it. I'm currently nursing my one and two year old. The only worry I would have about nursing and cannabis use would be if for some reason they were tested. The THC is stored in your fat cells, which is exactly where your milk comes from, so it definitely gets in there. Its more safe than just about anything you can get from the grocery store, so I don't think it would be detrimental.
post #149 of 177

very interesting, thanks (-<-)


Edited by mountain ma - 5/8/13 at 8:16pm
post #150 of 177
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain ma View Post

general question for breast feeding cannabis mamas:

 

are you worried about the herb in your breast milk getting into your baby and affecting her/him? 

 

NO JUDGEMENTS HERE!, just curious what you may know or if you have seen a change in your baby's behavior when you smoke and nurse??

I also did much research and was comfortable with it, comparing my babe's behaviors with a and without and noticed no change. For me it's definitely the lesser of the two evils (actually, I don't consider it evil or bad in anyway except legality and the smoke if I do that), the worse being tired (have insomnia w/o it) and cranky!

post #151 of 177
Happy Mothers day everyone! Sitting down enjoying a cup of tea and a joint while the LO is sleeping with daddy smile.gif A great start to a first mother's day!
post #152 of 177

Hey all,

I am new to this group and have a quick question.  I haven't used mj in years since my first pregnancy and nursing relationship started.  But now I am pregnant with #2 (at 22 weeks if that matters), still nursing a toddler, and am having horrendous leave-me-in-tears-and immobilized on the ground s-i joint pain.  my first visit to the chiropractor today was beneficial and informative, but squatting down this afternoon triggered another round of intense pain to where I could not walk for over an hour (and panicked when said toddler disappeared into the garage for several minutes and I cannot move!).  So my husband recommended I try mj for some relief.  any thoughts? 

 

I absolutely hate taking meds, and I am doing my best to refuse tylenol since when you search for safety in pregnancy they say that while the safety of tylenol has never been studied in pregnant women, it has had the least amout of adverse effects.  Not reassuring.  I am resting as much as possible, stretching as advised by chiropractor, icing the area, and trying to maintain a positive mental attitude.  will this help?  how much should I use?  should I use it daily for a while or just when in severe pain?

 

thanks so much for any feedback!

post #153 of 177
I would try it in small amounts, as needed at first! That sounds awful! I hope it helps! <3
post #154 of 177

thanks owlhowl, I think I will give it a go once in a while and see if I notice any change or benefit.  

 

after lots of research last night, I am less worried about it, and figure it has to be safer than pharmaceuticals.  if I notice it helping, i'll post back for reference.

post #155 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterbabymama View Post

Hey all,
I am new to this group and have a quick question.  I haven't used mj in years since my first pregnancy and nursing relationship started.  But now I am pregnant with #2 (at 22 weeks if that matters), still nursing a toddler, and am having horrendous leave-me-in-tears-and immobilized on the ground s-i joint pain.  my first visit to the chiropractor today was beneficial and informative, but squatting down this afternoon triggered another round of intense pain to where I could not walk for over an hour (and panicked when said toddler disappeared into the garage for several minutes and I cannot move!).  So my husband recommended I try mj for some relief.  any thoughts? 

I absolutely hate taking meds, and I am doing my best to refuse tylenol since when you search for safety in pregnancy they say that while the safety of tylenol has never been studied in pregnant women, it has had the least amout of adverse effects.  Not reassuring.  I am resting as much as possible, stretching as advised by chiropractor, icing the area, and trying to maintain a positive mental attitude.  will this help?  how much should I use?  should I use it daily for a while or just when in severe pain?

thanks so much for any feedback!

Do you think it is sciatic nerve pain? I had that for the last two months of my third pregnancy and it was horrible.

Cannabis isn't really too harmful. I would try edibles, rather than smoking just because smoking anything during pregnancy cuts off oxygen to baby. I'm sure just a few hits, wouldn't be a big deal, though. I read a study that found women who used cannabis during pregnancy had babies with higher IQs than those of women who did not lol.
post #156 of 177
Thread Starter 

Any recommendations for a small vaporizer?

post #157 of 177
Deer valley isn't bad. Found ourselves a nice little house on a very quiet street just wish we had more of a yard! :-)
post #158 of 177
Hello all!! SO GRATEFUL to have found this group! I'm a sahm of a beautiful on. year old boy and currently 10 weeks pregnant with our second baby. I'm still breastfeeding and I've pretty much abstained from marijuana(other than once or twice since my son was born). However with this pregnancy the nausea and depression are wearing me down to the point I've just been in tears most of the day. A few days ago I gave in and smoked and have for the past several days to get some relief.
Anyways I'm a nervous wreck now because we have a wic appt tomorrow and I'm not sure if we'll be tested for thc? And Id like to ask too, when would a doctor check a babys diaper/ bloodwork for thc? I think my son might have a yeast infection ir uti annd I'm scared of what might happen? When should a nursing mom whoss toked worry about the child getting tested? any advice or experience would be great!!
post #159 of 177
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerville View Post

Hello all!! SO GRATEFUL to have found this group! I'm a sahm of a beautiful on. year old boy and currently 10 weeks pregnant with our second baby. I'm still breastfeeding and I've pretty much abstained from marijuana(other than once or twice since my son was born). However with this pregnancy the nausea and depression are wearing me down to the point I've just been in tears most of the day. A few days ago I gave in and smoked and have for the past several days to get some relief.
Anyways I'm a nervous wreck now because we have a wic appt tomorrow and I'm not sure if we'll be tested for thc? And Id like to ask too, when would a doctor check a babys diaper/ bloodwork for thc? I think my son might have a yeast infection ir uti annd I'm scared of what might happen? When should a nursing mom whoss toked worry about the child getting tested? any advice or experience would be great!!

I really can't imagine WIC testing, or caring really. I've been in the program in 2 states for 3 yrs and there's never any question, they're more concerned w/diet. Just tell them what they want to hear and they'll give you your checks.

I don't go to the doctor much, but the times I have taken them there's no worries, I wouldn't know why they'd test unless you show up totally stoned, lol! If they have no reason to be suspicious then why would they test for any drugs? Why would a doc check a diaper for THC? Just be responsible, it sounds like you're really worried about this, maybe study more about it so you're not so scared of it? I personally would take the mj over the depression/nausea, for the health of your babies and you, but if you're not sure it's the right choice it'll just make you more anxious. Good luck :)

post #160 of 177

WIC only gets involved if they KNOW that you have an Active Medical Card, in a legal state. Then they discourage you from breastfeeding and won't give you your free pump. That's it. It is totally not evidence based, but that is what does go down. They don't otherwise test.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Connect With Other Moms
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Welcome to Mothering! › Connect With Other Moms › Cannabis Mamas and MJ lovers