or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Welcome to Mothering! › Connect With Other Moms › Cannabis Mamas and MJ lovers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cannabis Mamas and MJ lovers - Page 3

post #41 of 177
I really cant afford anything extravagant but it seems like a good option. If you're handy you could reasonably build a DIY for tons less $$, but I am not so much greensad.gif
post #42 of 177

a plastic storage shed from a hardware store is what I've heard people using.  There is a filter you can buy from hydro stores that eliminates odor. Those links seem to have really expensive products! Yikes! Seems to me it would be much cheaper to make your own room?

post #43 of 177

Subbing.... :) I am a single mama to two- 6 and 8. I have ridiculous anxiety and my dr will not prescribe a benzo- so smoking it is.

 

post #44 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkingirl View Post

a plastic storage shed from a hardware store is what I've heard people using.  There is a filter you can buy from hydro stores that eliminates odor. Those links seem to have really expensive products! Yikes! Seems to me it would be much cheaper to make your own room?



You're so right, it IS a whole lot cheaper to make your own room. I never thought of using one of those, but in my apt, I would worry that it would be too big. That might be a great idea if I had a garage to set it up in. Could probably modify it from the inside to seal it from light/air exchanges...  

 

I need something about the size of a filing cabinet though, that's all I have room for here. Wish I knew someone that was good at carpentry, I would love to have a sealed cabinet that could double as a night stand or something.

post #45 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilie2 View Post

Subbing.... :) I am a single mama to two- 6 and 8. I have ridiculous anxiety and my dr will not prescribe a benzo- so smoking it is.

 



Rainbow.gif Welcome :)

post #46 of 177

 aww Hi ~D~!! your so lucky u got your card! congrats!!

 

Im happy the thread had a burst of convo's :)

 

I tried seeding this summer but left and they just got all moldy, Im too concerned about the risk of growing in my home to really give it a go honestly

 

I decided to try and wait out buying too because Im paying $60 for a quarter of very poor quality poop, so Ill wait until I can get a better price and source

 

Anyone following activism? Im out of the loop for that and I havent researched any new resources for toking mothers (ie breastfeeding/pregnancy)

 

Has anyone read Women and cannabis?

 

My new research venture....hemp farming!! what do you all think? have you looked into it yourself? Im not even aware of the laws for it in my area, from my knowledge before,  it's very hard to be licensed to grow hemp 

 

post #47 of 177

we are paying 60 to.... good thing boyfriend takes care of all that.

post #48 of 177

lol lucky, my DP doesn't smoke himself, used to but he was the anxious type smoker, easier on the wallet tho 

 

I looked into hemp farming, it appears the licensing wont be such an issue, however like any other crops it requires alot of work! I hope hemp becomes a more acceptable substance for uses in fabrics, food, etc. 

post #49 of 177
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~D~ View Post



You're so right, it IS a whole lot cheaper to make your own room. I never thought of using one of those, but in my apt, I would worry that it would be too big. That might be a great idea if I had a garage to set it up in. Could probably modify it from the inside to seal it from light/air exchanges...  

 

I need something about the size of a filing cabinet though, that's all I have room for here. Wish I knew someone that was good at carpentry, I would love to have a sealed cabinet that could double as a night stand or something.


DH jsut finished our chicken coop, so I guess I know what his next project should be, lol! He's the one that smokes all our stuff (purely recreational, he has no issues whatsoever unlike my insomnia, stress type A personality!), so shouldn't be too hard to convince him!

 

Jeez, you guys, 60 for a quarter of not so good stuff?!?! That's CRAZY! We pay 55-60/oz and it works for me much better than stuff I got in the midwest (which was gross crap that I wouldn't want in my body now!). I guess we're so warm and close to Mexico though. I do know medical growers, but we really can't afford it, so no "organic" for me till we start growing!

 

I'm wondering if anyone here has medicated during birthing or after for after pains and can share their experiences?

 

post #50 of 177

$40-$50 an eighth here in nor cal

post #51 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by yippiehippie View Post


DH jsut finished our chicken coop, so I guess I know what his next project should be, lol! He's the one that smokes all our stuff (purely recreational, he has no issues whatsoever unlike my insomnia, stress type A personality!), so shouldn't be too hard to convince him!

 

Jeez, you guys, 60 for a quarter of not so good stuff?!?! That's CRAZY! We pay 55-60/oz and it works for me much better than stuff I got in the midwest (which was gross crap that I wouldn't want in my body now!). I guess we're so warm and close to Mexico though. I do know medical growers, but we really can't afford it, so no "organic" for me till we start growing!

 

I'm wondering if anyone here has medicated during birthing or after for after pains and can share their experiences?

 

 

 

jaw.gif  $50-60 an ounce!!!! oh my, phoenix is lookin beautiful 
 

 

post #52 of 177

Oh hi...I subbed to the "old" thread...Silly me.

whistling.gif

post #53 of 177
Thread Starter 

OK, so I asked a while ago about experiences medicating in labor and thought I'd post my update since I had mine a week ago:)

I didn't really have much during my fast (3 hr) labor. I did at the very beginning and who knows if it helped b/c the contractions were'n't that strong. Since they were so intense I had no time to think about it! It has, however, helped tremendously post partum. The afterpains were just awful, making me nauseated they were so strong. Weed was the only thing that helped, honestly (I tried lots of other herbal and homeopathic remedies too!). On monday DH went back to work and I was dreading it. At first sign of weepiness I had some and was immediately better. I made chocolates to keep on hand (though a quick toke is much faster in times of need!). I really wish I could broadcast to everyone what savior it can be, but, alas, I would be judged horribly by most people I know:( It's too bad when I see ppl suffer I KNOW would benefit. DH made a tincture too, anyone tried that?

post #54 of 177

I should have checked in a while ago... I see there's 2 threads going... maybe we should just do a 2012 thread?

 

~D~ it's good to see you around. hope things are going okay. Happy to see you've got your card!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yippiehippie View Post

OK, so I asked a while ago about experiences medicating in labor and thought I'd post my update since I had mine a week ago:)

I didn't really have much during my fast (3 hr) labor. I did at the very beginning and who knows if it helped b/c the contractions were'n't that strong. Since they were so intense I had no time to think about it! It has, however, helped tremendously post partum. The afterpains were just awful, making me nauseated they were so strong. Weed was the only thing that helped, honestly (I tried lots of other herbal and homeopathic remedies too!). On monday DH went back to work and I was dreading it. At first sign of weepiness I had some and was immediately better. I made chocolates to keep on hand (though a quick toke is much faster in times of need!). I really wish I could broadcast to everyone what savior it can be, but, alas, I would be judged horribly by most people I know:( It's too bad when I see ppl suffer I KNOW would benefit. DH made a tincture too, anyone tried that?


I've been thinking of doing some kind of tea/tincture for during/after labor. my friend keeps telling me to do pot ramen, (i would do the thai kitchen soup/noodles if i really wanted), brings me back to having a cold in college. but i think a tincture would suit me better. not to mention, i'm looking forward to a big glass of wine after this one arrives. the tincture should work, i would just let it steep for a really long time. and yes, the judgement is horrible and you just never know who you can trust...eyesroll.gif

 

 

post #55 of 177

*waves hi*

 

Just joined this board! Got a positive result on HPT last night, very nervous and VERY excited!

 

My husband and I are heavy smokers, daily. I stopped yesterday. I'd really like to hear about how much I should avoid it during pregnancy (and beyond) - I'll go without if needed, but I know that it's a lifesaver for my insomnia, nausea, headaches, etc and that I'll be most tempted during morning sickness. We do have some tincture, and I was considering getting a vaporizer if I am going to smoke because it would cut down on the carcinogens.

 

Obviously, mainstream opinions can't help me on this one. :P  Also is there ever a reason to disclose it to a doctor? One time I did, and got quite the attitude. I thought it was better to be honest rather than hide it, in case it affects my health or their treatment of me. I'm not likely to do that again unless there's a strong reason to!

 

Thanks!

post #56 of 177

I have kaiser here in California. With two of my three pregnancies they drug tested me without even telling me ahead of time. Most doctors have you sign a consent that they can test you whenever they want.

 

 

 

Oh and welcome to MDC!

post #57 of 177
Thread Starter 

mama2rio-good to see you back on:) I don't understand the wine, though...I feel better drinking some during late pregnancy than while bfing, is that wrong?

Hijinx - congrats on your pregnancy!! I for sure would NOT tell your doctor you smoke! They might call CPS...we've heard some bad stories on this board about things like that. I never used a doc (2 homebirths w/midwives), so don't have my own experiences to share with you, but I didn't even tell my MWs b/c there's no reason to and you never know who will think you're endangering your child! You aren't, btw. Here's how I thought of it when I was pregs...there are tons of studies showing links btwn poor diet/not getting enough calories during pregnancy and poor health in the baby (and mama!). The biggest study for medicating while pregnant showed no difference in the babies (actually some were shown to score a bit higher in intelligence tests). You really have to use your own judgement and do what you feel is right. I personally felt it was more important for me to sleep, eat, and have less stress. Your situation sounds similar to me - I have insomnia too and was nauseated a lot for my first and had been a daily smoker. I invested in a vaporizer to cut down on the smoke. There was no way I could sleep or eat w/o it! HTH:)

post #58 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by yippiehippie View Post

mama2rio-good to see you back on:) I don't understand the wine, though...I feel better drinking some during late pregnancy than while bfing, is that wrong?

Hijinx - congrats on your pregnancy!! I for sure would NOT tell your doctor you smoke! They might call CPS...we've heard some bad stories on this board about things like that. I never used a doc (2 homebirths w/midwives), so don't have my own experiences to share with you, but I didn't even tell my MWs b/c there's no reason to and you never know who will think you're endangering your child! You aren't, btw. Here's how I thought of it when I was pregs...there are tons of studies showing links btwn poor diet/not getting enough calories during pregnancy and poor health in the baby (and mama!). The biggest study for medicating while pregnant showed no difference in the babies (actually some were shown to score a bit higher in intelligence tests). You really have to use your own judgement and do what you feel is right. I personally felt it was more important for me to sleep, eat, and have less stress. Your situation sounds similar to me - I have insomnia too and was nauseated a lot for my first and had been a daily smoker. I invested in a vaporizer to cut down on the smoke. There was no way I could sleep or eat w/o it! HTH:)


 Agree completely, use your judgement for sure! I like the vap idea, i didnt often in my pregnancy ( a few times every trimester) but i felt werid holding in the smoke, id always blow it out so fast! lol 

 

I wish there was more accredited, strictly cannabis use studies available, here's the classic for you Dr. Melanie Dreher its a lecture video, but could help you form a comfortable opinion 

 

post #59 of 177

Thanks all! I'm trying to hold out until I "need" it, and hopefully my sleep schedule will even out into a regular pattern again, so I certainly don't mind the detox either (because then just a little will be more helpful).  When I decide I need it, it will be a vaporizer or tincture, the bare minimum needed to help. will see how that goes! :P

post #60 of 177

i did mention mj use to my midwife since i feel safe with her and i'm having a home birth, i joked first to see reaction and she new i was having really bad morning sickness, she didn't blink or say anything bad, basically said "use judgement and it's fine if it makes you feel better". although smoking was making me dizzy and maybe a little sick, didn't really help much, blah, just everyone's body will respond differently. so in your situation Hijynx, a vap shouldn't make you cough and will cut down on carcinogens if you do partake. during my first pregnancy i smoked a few times, didn't tell the doctors (and was having a hospital birth) and not during the last 2 months of pregnancy because i didn't want to test positive. there really haven't been many studies on mj use on human fetus/babies and the effects. most come out as "inconclusive".

 

on the wine thing: we've had a few bottles we've been saving that i just can't wait to crack open. mw also says it's okay to have a little alcohol while preggo here and there, but don't get buzzed, ect. basically a normal part of european lifestyle... beer is really good for milk making because of brewers yeast, i've heard it makes the milk "richer" and i love a good beer. i never hesitated to have a glass of wine or beer (or 2) while breastfeeding, it doesn't stay in your milk, it leaves your milk at the same rate it leaves your blood so there's really no reason to "pump and dump". ok, i'm the person you see in public breastfeeding while having a drink at the bar. (bad mama, right!?)

sorry for the alcohol rant... this is not really the right place for it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Connect With Other Moms
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Welcome to Mothering! › Connect With Other Moms › Cannabis Mamas and MJ lovers