I'm 22 weeks along with my second child. I have about 6 weeks of care left with my current provider (CNM, works at hospital that does not allow 1st time VBACs), and it is about time to look for a VBAC-provider. I've scouted out my options in my region, and I think I've found a VBAC-friendly practice about 30 miles from where I live. However, I am not entirely sure what to do:
Do I call and just ask for a consultation with one of the OBs?
Do I tell the receptionist that I need a VBAC-consultation?
Do I make a prenatal appt even if I am not entirely sure I want to go w/ them?
And then, once I figure this out, what do I ask during the consultation/appointment?
I'm sure there are easy answers to these questions, but there are ongoing psychological issues with my first birth/CS that are making planning the next birth difficult. I've been avoiding thinking about it too much, but I'm reaching the point where I need to decide how our second child is going to be born, and I'm looking for guidance and support on these questions. Oh, and just in case you're wondering: HBAC is not an option since I am out of travel range for the closest midwife.