There is plenty of evidence that it is not safe to ingest bleach. MMS is (one of many forms of) bleach. You wouldn't reach under your sink, pour a splash of clorox into some OJ and offer it to your child. You know that drinking cleaning products is harmful to your internal organs. If your child drank bleach, you would call poison control. You would not mistake their vomiting and diarrhea for signs that they were being cured of an illness.
You didn't read my post. The visual of someone gulping down chlorox is invaluable to your argument, in fact, it is the only thing critics have - hence it is what you will see repeated over and over and over and over and over.... but nothing substantial other than that. Chlorox is sodium hypochlorite, so you do need to distinguish between the chemistry, you cannot just say something to the effect, "all bleach is the same" because that is untrue. If you are going to state these things, you need to back them up, because there are things being stated on here that are false, and that is not helpful to people dealing with MMS in their lives, or if they know someone who is. They need the information to back up why it isn't safe, because if their relative has been sent home from hospital to die... Have you thought this through?
In an effort to kill off cancerous cells people are being pumped with all sorts of rubbish, stuff that has been proven to kill in small doses, to harm in small doses. They do this because it is life or death. Not all our decisions are made holding the hand of someone in a lab coat. Not all medicines we take have the approval of some agency with more power and money than God.
Not one person can furnish evidence it is harmful. I ask... is there any? Can anyone help us see what damage this does to the body? I can quickly find evidence chlorox is harmful if ingested. A quick google and I can find tons of it, and people who have died from drinking it and the thousands of hospital visits due to household bleach. If it is so toxic, surely there would be a ton of evidence to support that belief.
In one of the links I provided, there is extensive references to decades worth of research on chlorine dioxide... perhaps reading what I have will give you better science than "it is bleach", which, as I said, so is lemon juice. Do you know how lemon juice bleaches? It is an antioxidant, so it certainly doesn't work like an oxidiser. It doesn't chlorinate either. You do need to give more chem than "hey, it's bleach". "Bleach", without understanding the chemistry of how an oxidiser works, is not a helpful argument. It isn't chlorox, just as it also isn't table salt - both of which are sodiums with chlorine in them. Chlorox chlorinates... do you know the difference between that and an oxidiser? Do you know at what point, and how, an oxidiser becomes harmful to body tissue? Do you know why chlorination is a harmful chemical reaction, and why oxidation is a natural process used by the immune system? If you don't know this difference, that is a good place to begin.
I have given evidence it is not harmful in settings where people ingested it, and in comparative mice studies - 70% of those who didn't have it died and 100% of those who did, survived. That is significant. The option is always there to ignore clinical studies, I'm the first one to suggest they are highly flawed at best.
Again you are not ingesting it. You are using it like Listerine which also cautions you against swallowing it. Same with gargling salt water. If you swallow it chances are very good you will vomit. Does this mean a salt water gargle is cleansing my body of toxins and pathogens? Because that is what the makers of MMS claim when you vomit.
Yes, but you wouldn't gargle with chlorox, right? Not every link was to prove efficacy or to prove safety. Each one served it's own purpose.
Herxheimer reactions aren't mysterious. I personally do not know if MMS is a herx or if it is a side effect. I do know that the new protocol, which is only 3 drops per hour for 8 to 10 hours a day, does not cause it for most people and if a worsening occurs to drop the dose. The workers in Malawi discovered this method for chronic issues like AIDS and cancer. When it was malaria, a 15 drop dose was used due to the dangerous and acute nature of malaria. 15 drops (I've been told, not making claims) took the malaria away. The doctors have written about it as they had blood labs done and even in the most profuse case of malaria not one parasite could be found in the blood work after three doses of 15 drops. However, 15 drops, the first ever protocol born of the malaria discovery, could not be maintained by chronic cases where they might have to stay on MMS for four weeks. So they found 3 drops, but more often, kept the dioxide in the system, but not enough to create symptoms. As I am told by two people I trust, in 3 weeks most of the AIDS and cancer patients were free of symptoms with this method. A small number of people took longer. If you think I don't know how ridiculous that sounds, well, we're on different planets. I know it sound ridiculous. If it weren't for the people I actually know personally who had similar results, I would not have researched to the extent I did.
It was when I saw what the missionaries were doing, plus the chemistry, plus the total absence of evidence of harm that led me to look deeper. What those missionaries are achieving should be on 60 minutes or something. It's absolutely crucial to the progress of medicine for people to at least look at this with scientific eyes, with logical eyes, not clouded by a determination not to be "wrong". I first wanted to know if and how it works in the body... no point finding out it is safe if it doesn't even work. I found studies that the gas does permeate, throughout the whole body very effectively. So then I wanted to know what byproducts it created (chlorox, for example kills via byproducts) and learned it creates benign substances, such as table salt. In the doses taken (three drops) you can imagine the tiny amount of table salt that is.
I had endometriosis, fibroids, and huge cysts on both ovaries and cysts all throughout my uterus and cervix. After I heard from my HIV+ friends, I became my own guinea pig. Indeed, my first period after taking it was pain-free, no clots, nice bright red blood... just a totally healthy period that I hadn't had in a very long time. So I went and got an ultra sound. All clear. No cysts, no free fluid, nothing. Perhaps it was a coincidence. I'm not giving my opinion on it. Just stating the correlation.
From that point on, well, things spiralled into where I am today with it. I do a lot of research. For instance, this is an old experiment I did on myself (not with MMS): http://sagaciousmama.synthasite.com/moles.php
This is a thread here at MDC I did that took much more concentration than this one, and again, I didn't do it cos I'm nuts or making money because I'm neither (well, nuts is debatable)... I love what I do. I LOVE it. I spend most of my free time learning about health and healing, I do it because it is my thing, my joy. Not all of us have ulterior motives. I don't need money, I don't want money, and I believe all people should have access to healing, just like they do in tribal cultures. I acknowledge I am a radical, I am usually the most radical in a group of extreme radicals. I know that. I just don't see the significance. All my research errs on the side of "that is crazy", and again, I don't care. Crazy thinking is what gets us out of a rut.
The missionaries are not lying to suggest they are is... well, I can't even validate the scope of such an accusation and they certainly are not faking African video footage... so that only leaves room for one thing. It still doesn't tell us if it is safe, ultimately. So you either trust the fact that people get better, not worse from it...or you don't. But if you discredit something, opinion isn't strong enough, not when it opposes all those Jesus lovin' liars in Africa. When it comes to unconscionable, ignoring the success of the work in Africa has got to take the cake. Millions of people die from malaria every year, mosquito nets are not helping the sick. If you don't believe it is working, is it that you don't trust missionaries, are you suggesting they're lying? Do you think it is a coincidence? What is it that makes anyone say "it doesn't work" with absolutely no personal experience, science, or data to suggest such a thing when all the data says it does kill malaria, in water and in the body.
That is precisely why it is used to treat water in the first place.
Perhaps the disbelief rests on the idea that it works externally, but not in the body. Is that the problem? Why can't people be clearer about the concerns? I fail to understand the vagueness about this.
I recognise this new and unbelievable, I realise people jump to the idea that those spreading it must be either motivated by greed or something else less altruistic. I can't prove I'm not, but I can give you the history that at least shows that I have a history of helping for nothing, that I do not get anything in return for the information I give, and that is, again, all this is.
Edited by Calm - 4/26/11 at 4:28pm