HI! I am gearing up to start K this fall for our oldest. She turned 5 in January. I have been casually researching homeschool methods the past few years and nothing had really jumped out at me as THE way, until I discovered Charlotte Mason. While I don't ever agree with any one person's philosophy 100%, Charlotte Mason's ideas are nearly exactly how I've always envisioned how I want to homeschool.
Anywho, I picked out a ton of exciting (to me) curriculum from Rainbow Resources. Then I discovered Winter Promise. WOW! I really like it. I know everyone says it's a bit overpriced. I tend to over-think everything and I was driving myself crazy coming up with schedules and and and......... Something about WP just struck a chord with me.
So here is what I have a goal of teaching/learning this our very first year of homeschool: (Yay!)
WinterPromise Animals & Their Worlds
WinterPromise Hideaway in History
WinterPromise Journeys Of Imagination
WinterPromise Ready To Learn
How To Use Child Sized Masterpieces
History of Music
RightStart Mathematics A
Of course, many of these subjects we have been working on for years already, such as Bible Study, Character Study, Nature Study and Homemaking Skills.
The challenges I am facing as my children's primary educator this year are:
1. We are very actively looking for a home to purchase in an area 1 hour from our current home. We could move at any time.
2. We have a 3 year old and a 10 month old underfoot.
3. Our house is very small, and I am finding it a challenge to eek out a refreshing area for our studies. We will be doing much of our schoolwork outside, so that will help, but we also have the distinct challenge of #4.
4. My husband is home all day.
5. We are on a tight budget. I must find nearly all of our curriculum used, which has actually been going well so far!
6. I am in midwifery school.
I have found some very exciting free resources online that have helped me greatly. As I mentioned above, I over-think things and end up completely burnt out. I have really been enjoying Charlotte Mason Help.com. Lindafay's words of wisdom are a salve to my frazzled, frantic nerves.
What curriculum are you using and what are your challenges this year?