Mamas, help me out--is it normal to ALWAYS BE STARVING when breastfeeding a 10-month-old? Anyone else like this?
Lately I feel hungry ALL the time. I've been ordering greasy Chinese takeout, eating peanut butter sandwiches in the middle of the night, eating heaping portions of pasta with chocolate chip cookies for dessert at lunch.. and NOTHING seems to help.
(And no, I have not gained a pound, if anything, I've lost a little weight lately... and I have long ago lost all 45 lbs I put on while pregnant).
- Baby girl has been eating solids pretty well for the past two months, but she still loves nursing best. I'd say she still gets 90% of her nutrition from mama.
- At 10 months old, she's a healthy 22 lbs (and 29 inches tall). No idea of percentile, but she wears 18 month clothes.
- She's definitely been nursing in overdrive lately--she was sick last week and now is making up for it by ultra-nursing. I
- I work and pump, and she takes about 8 oz of pumped milk plus some solids during the day. (She does not get any supplemental formula and never has.) She nurses twice before I leave for work in the am, two or three times in the evening and a few times during the night.
- I have oversupply, even with just pumping once per day.(I get 10 oz total when I pump for 10 minutes in the middle of the day at work).
- On the weekends I just nurse, no pumping.
It's not really a problem or anything (poor me, I get to eat ice cream without gaining weight!) but wow... is this typical? Anyone else have this? Does this get even worse when nursing a toddler? (I'm hoping to keep nursing until she's at least 2 years old)