Had my latest midwife appt. yesterday evening at 40+3. So that makes me +4 today! She offered to do an exam and membrane sweep if I wanted, but I'm not interested at this point. I don't know that I'd ever want to know the numbers. I think I'd be disappointed if I found out I was at 0 or 1 dilation even though that means nothing. I'd also be disappointed if I found out I was a 3 or 4 and didn't start birthing for another week. At this point I don't feel like I need any intervention. She did suggest evening primrose oil. So I decided to go ahead and do that since it's pretty non-invasive.
I guess today is our last day to have a June baby for those of us who are holding out hope for that. Otherwise, July, here we come. Since I'm so close to the end of the week I'd kind of like everything to hold off until after tomorrow so that I can get a bit more $ before starting maternity leave. With the daycare it'd be super nice to have my birthing time fall on the weekend, not that I really have control over that! I was hoping to be able to cancel my chiropractic appt. this Friday as it's really starting to add up going every week. Oh well. My next appt. will be at 41+3, so I'm really hoping to not have to go to that appt., but we'll see! Tired of walking like a cowgirl, but I have moved into some level of resigned acceptance of whatever will be for now!
Perhaps we should all make exciting plans for the weekend. There's nothing like planning to not be birthing that could perhaps cause us to be birthing a baby!