So, the plan right now is that when I go into labor, I'll give my MIL a jingle and she'll come get Nora and take her back to her house. Sounds simple, right?
But part of me is just toying with / entertaining the idea of having MIL come over and hang out with Nora while I labor. That way she too can be there for the birth. I haven't even asked her if she WANTS to be there for it, but I think if I ask her then I obviously have to be ok with her saying yes. Ha!
- My house is small. I'm worried there will be too many people hovering, plus Nora, and this might interfere with my labor.
- Nora might be freaked out and worried about me.
- My MIL will get too wrapped up in the birth and stop paying attn to Nora.
- Nora and my MIL would get to see the birth.
- I'll have plenty of people here to support me.
The EASY answer is to just have my MIL come and take Nora back to her house, no problems, no issues. But of course I have to go complicate things!
What are you doing with your older kids when you go into labor -- homebirthing or not? I imagine for a hospital birth, having them there isn't an issue, but who are you getting to take care of them while you're away?