My husband is interviewing for a job in Bothell next week, and I am trying to research good places to live near there. We would be moving from the DC area, and really we have had enough gritty urban living, so we are looking for something a bit different. I'm envisioning something with a small town, or even a country feel. We will be renting, and we have a toddler and a baby. Schools are not an issue though, since we will either homeschool or send them to private school.
The things that are most important to us are:
- Safety (low crime, no drifters)
- Single family houses with big yards to play in, or even a house to rent on some acreage (Hopefully for under $2000)
- Houses with character, not just new cookie cutter subdivisions
- Lots of trees
- Friendly people (some natural-minded folk would be nice, but as long as the people are friendly it is okay if they aren't all like us)
- Nice places to take walks/hikes
Some other things that would be nice (but not necessarily crucial) are:
- Coffee shops
- Farmers markets
- Organic grocery stores
- Vegetarian restaurants
Are there any towns/neighborhoods that fit this criteria? I don't know much about Bothell - what is it like? We are willing to look anywhere within an hour of Bothell.