I have an induction set for Monday morning, so I'm trying to do what I can to get things going before then. I've been doing EPO vaginally for a few days at night, got my membranes swept yesterday (was at 2 cm and soft, but only 25% effaced), and will be going in for a catheter dilation on Sunday morning. We also DTD last night and did some nipple stimulation and will probably try again tonight and tomorrow as well. So far nothing much has happened, but I'm still holding out hope. Anyone else in the same boat and trying to get things moving? What have you tried?
trying to get things going
I don't have a scheduled induction but I will be 40 weeks tomorrow and I have had some symptoms heading towards pre-eclampsia. So my midwife wanted to see if we could help things along starting today. So we did a membrane sweep this afternoon. And tonight some nipple stimulation paired with black cohosh, plus we dtd.
I don't have a strong feeling any of it will get things going, but I'd rather try something then start to worry about me and the baby's health.
So I wish you luck! And good luck to anyone else who is in the same situation.
I'm being managed by a high-risk ob because of a suspicion that something is wrong with the placenta (due to an extremely elevated AFP level), but my instinct is that everything is fine. I keep pushing out my induction date because all of the ultrasounds and nst's have been great, but I'll be 39 wks on Monday so I'll probably just go with that. As much as I'd love to go into labor on my own, they keep scaring me by telling me that my risk of stillbirth is going up day by day and that there's no advantage to staying pregnant. I'm still tempted to go to 39.5, but we'll see. More nipple stimulation and DTD is on the agenda for tonight, and I'm very much looking forward to devouring a pineapple tomorrow :)
If the NSTs are good, I would personally think to just do another one of those and push up the date some more if everything seems fine. I'm not fully trusting of docs and 39 weeks really isn't that far along. I'll be 40 tomorrow and my second kiddo came at 39+4. I'd at least try to reach to 40 if you can. Just my suggestion. If you and baby appear fine then I can't imagine what the problem is even with the placenta thing. Best wishes in making the decision. Hope things get going for you soon naturally.