I've been lurking in this forum long enough to become convinced that hard wood or bamboo flooring may be a good option for our house. For those of you with hardwood or bamboo flooring, I have some questions while I'm still researching my options.
1. Which do you have? If hardwood, what kind?
2. I have two toddlers and a dog whose nails grow out quickly. How much damage could they do to the type you have, and how reparable is that damage?
3. What do you like about your flooring?
4. What are the drawbacks?
5. What kind of TLC does your flooring require? How often and how much?
6. Any other considerations that I should keep in mind?
I'd like to refloor the living room, family, room, and hallway. The kitchen and bathrooms will keep their tile, and I'll be recarpeting the bedrooms in the future.
TIA for the help and advice.