My two year old just swallowed money. She appears to have swallowed a quarter right in front of me! She said she swallowed more. Dr says if she seams ok and there is no vomiting, distention etc that she should poop it out all OK. Anyone have a child who ate money? I am really worried about it getting stuck somewhere, plus I don;t know how many coins she swallowed. I am shaking I am so afraid.
2 yr old swallowed a quarter and maybe more...freaking out! HELP please!
My mom was a school nurse at an elementary school, and occasionally she'd have the fun job of checking kids' stools who had swallowed money, marbles, etc. Totally common and works itself out. Your doc would have sent you to the ER if it were an emergency.
I know it's hard not to worry though! Keep her close and check those diapers/potty. Maybe you and any other caregivers can make a game of it- whoever finds the quarter earns a beer. ;)
it will. my friend's 10 month old recently passed three pennies through.
It will. If every kid who swallowed a quarter needed surgery, it would be a major epidemic!
Hope you manage to cope okay through this -- you seem really agitated about it. The chances are incredibly strong that you'll find it in her stool tomorrow or the next day. As long as she's not displaying any of the warning signs your doctor told you to watch for, she's fine. And even if she starts displaying some of the signs (again, very unlikely), you'll notice right away and get her treated. So she'll be just fine either way.
My almost 11 year old son swallowed a quarter when he was 2. He is fine today with no intervention! But his sisters love to tease him about it. He had been getting a diaper change (yes he was still in diapers) and was all upset that he'd lost his "qwater" and I tried to reassure him we could get it back after the diaper change was done. Then he told me he'd swallowed it. So then I was a liar for making him wait to get it back. Anyway, I'm sure this will pass easily!
Well, you'd believe it if you saw the GIANT poop my DS had earlier today. It smelled so bad I thought I would die. Then I opened up the diaper, and found out why
My son swallowed and passed one of those decorative stones you find in vases with fake flowers in the them. Actually, here, see the oval shaped, smooth creamy colored ones? Yup, one of those. And we didnt know he swallowed it until the daycare called me at work one day, telling me not to panic, but that they found something in his stool when changing him. They described it to me over the phone, and knowing he was at my mothers that weekend, I knew EXACTLY what it was. I still have it. Yupper, saved in a little plastic baggy in his baby book. ;)