or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › August 2011 › What do you feel GOOD about today?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What do you feel GOOD about today? - Page 5

post #81 of 897

I did my self massage last night (Nothing like a client telling you that the thing you're really upset about is the thing she saw you about to make you say "Oh, duh, I know how to fix that!") and woke up today able to roll over and stand up with no pain! Yay :D Hopefully the last two weeks of Suck are over now!

post #82 of 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckily View Post

I did my self massage last night (Nothing like a client telling you that the thing you're really upset about is the thing she saw you about to make you say "Oh, duh, I know how to fix that!") and woke up today able to roll over and stand up with no pain! Yay :D Hopefully the last two weeks of Suck are over now!


Awesome!

I wish I could figure out a way to make this back pain i've been having go away.

Today I feel good that we had a pretty great morning out. I didn't find everything on my thrift list, but did find a few good deals that i wasn't looking for, got some fabric to finish our headboard, got some muslin swaddle blankets w/ a gift card I'd won to Buy Buy baby (good thing we are trying to save money cause I wanted almost everything in there) and had an awesome lunch at a food trailer.
post #83 of 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernStormy View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckily View Post

I did my self massage last night (Nothing like a client telling you that the thing you're really upset about is the thing she saw you about to make you say "Oh, duh, I know how to fix that!") and woke up today able to roll over and stand up with no pain! Yay :D Hopefully the last two weeks of Suck are over now!




Awesome!

I wish I could figure out a way to make this back pain i've been having go away.

Today I feel good that we had a pretty great morning out. I didn't find everything on my thrift list, but did find a few good deals that i wasn't looking for, got some fabric to finish our headboard, got some muslin swaddle blankets w/ a gift card I'd won to Buy Buy baby (good thing we are trying to save money cause I wanted almost everything in there) and had an awesome lunch at a food trailer.


I could possibly help if you wanted :) I wish everyone was local, I'd totally give you all free massages and lots of tips. I love being able to help pregnant ladies not hurt! Others too, but I like getting to poke at people's babies ;)

post #84 of 897

My husband got a permanent position after 2 years of a contract- we have health benefits again :) - and can go on a vacation - and not pay for a birth out-of-pocket - AND I hope to take a year off from work to try just being Mommy for a change!   Also slept comfy in my own bed next to my husband 2 nights in a row- and made it happen to eat dinner together- MAJOR accomplishment in our house!!!

post #85 of 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by nald1 View Post

My husband got a permanent position after 2 years of a contract- we have health benefits again :) - and can go on a vacation - and not pay for a birth out-of-pocket - AND I hope to take a year off from work to try just being Mommy for a change!   Also slept comfy in my own bed next to my husband 2 nights in a row- and made it happen to eat dinner together- MAJOR accomplishment in our house!!!



Congratulations on your husband's permanent position and the health insurance! I've been there with my DH and those things are always a relief, especially when you're expecting. :-)

post #86 of 897

My boyfriend seems to be coming out of the denial stage.  He actually rubs my belly sometimes and has been offering to help with the cost of things, etc.  Before it was a topic that we weren't really allowed to discuss (he is scared to death), so I am very grateful for the improvement in his attitude.

post #87 of 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady View Post

My boyfriend seems to be coming out of the denial stage.  He actually rubs my belly sometimes and has been offering to help with the cost of things, etc.  Before it was a topic that we weren't really allowed to discuss (he is scared to death), so I am very grateful for the improvement in his attitude.


Awesome!

 

My hip pain is mostly gone today :) I did extra exercises yesterday and that seemed to help. Still going to try that pelvic floor release when the time feels right though.

 

post #88 of 897
Thread Starter 

We had an ultrasound this morning and everything looked great! Both girls are head down (!!) and they each weigh 2.7 pounds! they were practicing breathing and were moving around a lot. I'm so excited that they are growing so well and seem to be very healthy. YAY!

post #89 of 897

Melaya - Yay! I'm so glad! I hope that lasts! :)

 

Ursa - good luck! I did mention that the release can cause some drama while every thing settles out, right? The pain moves around and does funny things because we're full of relaxin :) But I feel better now, so I hope it works for you, too!

 

Jenny - Twins are so cool! That sounds like so much fun! :D

post #90 of 897

i'm in portland...not quite local, but if i get a wild hair to go up north once this school term is over, mind if i look you up for some of those massages? wink1.gif

it's quite unlikely, but sure sounds good.

i'm glad you were able to squelch some of your own pains!!

 

i have to say....this babe is getting so big and i love poking at it. i think it's a good thing it's a leo coming, baby loves all of the attention it gets when i am rubbing it out, feeling all those little baby parts. but my goodness, i use words like little and tiny is only because it is an infant...otherwise, this babe feels gigantic to me! i might be growing a 10 pounder.......

 



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckily View Post





I could possibly help if you wanted :) I wish everyone was local, I'd totally give you all free massages and lots of tips. I love being able to help pregnant ladies not hurt! Others too, but I like getting to poke at people's babies ;)



 

post #91 of 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevena true View Post

i'm in portland...not quite local, but if i get a wild hair to go up north once this school term is over, mind if i look you up for some of those massages? wink1.gif

it's quite unlikely, but sure sounds good.

i'm glad you were able to squelch some of your own pains!!

 

i have to say....this babe is getting so big and i love poking at it. i think it's a good thing it's a leo coming, baby loves all of the attention it gets when i am rubbing it out, feeling all those little baby parts. but my goodness, i use words like little and tiny is only because it is an infant...otherwise, this babe feels gigantic to me! i might be growing a 10 pounder.......

 

That would be fun! :)

 

I know! I see the pictures of the babies born at the stage mine is at and they're tiny.. but my little guy is HUGE! I'd fully expect him to look full term right now, by the feel of him, though I know he's only about 3.5lbs.

 

I guess 3.5 seems really big when it's in your gut :)
 

 

post #92 of 897


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady View Post

My boyfriend seems to be coming out of the denial stage.  He actually rubs my belly sometimes and has been offering to help with the cost of things, etc.  Before it was a topic that we weren't really allowed to discuss (he is scared to death), so I am very grateful for the improvement in his attitude.


I'm so glad. joy.gif That's really good news.  I hope it only continues to improve. 

 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajgos View Post

We had an ultrasound this morning and everything looked great! Both girls are head down (!!) and they each weigh 2.7 pounds! they were practicing breathing and were moving around a lot. I'm so excited that they are growing so well and seem to be very healthy. YAY!


Wonderful!!!

 

We had an ultrasound yesterday, and our twins are both head-down, now, also!  Baby boy weighed in at 2 lb. 8 oz., baby girl at 2 lb., 6 oz.  I've tried so hard to gain enough weight and eat enough, I wish they were a little bigger, but the doctor seemed thrilled, as it was.  (Especially as the difference in weight is so slight.)  Two more pounds, and even baby girl surpasses my own birth weight, so THAT'S encouraging.  They're still active and healthy-looking.  My cervix was checked, and appears to be completely fine.  I was relieved, having had some bouts of frequent contractions and preterm labor symptoms.   Though they've eased with rest, each time, it's good to know there's been no change.

 

We had a lovely little baby shower, thrown by a couple of friends, on Saturday.  It was really nice, celebratory and sweet without any weirdness or embarrassment.  We got some ideal and very helpful gifts, but nothing so big I cringed with guilt.  

 

I scrubbed our shower & tub, finally, on Monday, after a month!  Sheepish.gif

 

My husband and I have had some very nice walks in the last few days, with the weather warmer, and last night went to the symphony (free tickets), which we enjoyed a lot, despite the program being a completely random choice for us.  For a while, we weren't getting much relaxed, fun time together; so this is great.  

 

 

post #93 of 897
Thread Starter 

Wonderful!!!

 

We had an ultrasound yesterday, and our twins are both head-down, now, also!  Baby boy weighed in at 2 lb. 8 oz., baby girl at 2 lb., 6 oz.  I've tried so hard to gain enough weight and eat enough, I wish they were a little bigger, but the doctor seemed thrilled, as it was.  (Especially as the difference in weight is so slight.)  Two more pounds, and even baby girl surpasses my own birth weight, so THAT'S encouraging.  They're still active and healthy-looking.  My cervix was checked, and appears to be completely fine.  I was relieved, having had some bouts of frequent contractions and preterm labor symptoms.   Though they've eased with rest, each time, it's good to know there's been no change.

 

We had a lovely little baby shower, thrown by a couple of friends, on Saturday.  It was really nice, celebratory and sweet without any weirdness or embarrassment.  We got some ideal and very helpful gifts, but nothing so big I cringed with guilt.  

 

I scrubbed our shower & tub, finally, on Monday, after a month!  Sheepish.gif

 

My husband and I have had some very nice walks in the last few days, with the weather warmer, and last night went to the symphony (free tickets), which we enjoyed a lot, despite the program being a completely random choice for us.  For a while, we weren't getting much relaxed, fun time together; so this is great.  

 

 


Our babies seem to be right on track with eachother! two and a half pounds is right where they should be, according to our midwives. My cervix was nice and closed also, which I wasn't worried about, but is a good thing! I was also very tiny when I was born (4 lb. 5 oz.). I am betting that our girls weigh more than that when they decide it's time to come out.

 

Also, yay for clean showers and nice walks! It's been so great to have a few days without rain to enjoy the outdoors.

 

post #94 of 897

Yay for big healthy twins!!!

post #95 of 897

DH and I went to a refresher class with our Bradley Method teacher last night.  Although we really do know the material inside and out (we have discussed becoming instructors ourselves), it was really great to spend two hours just focused on this upcoming birth...with no interruptions or distractions.  We got to practice relaxation techniques together and I really felt like we connected for the first time in SO long.  This pregnancy has just been a whirlwind.  Between me going back to work full time right after I got pregnant, DS taking up so, so much of our time and energy, and just life in general, we haven't been able to focus on our relationship at all.  I am really looking forward to going to 1 or 2 more sessions so we can remind ourselves about what is important right now...getting this baby born safely, healthily, and naturally.

post #96 of 897
.
Edited by kristandthekids - 1/16/13 at 6:27pm
post #97 of 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajgos View Post


Our babies seem to be right on track with eachother! two and a half pounds is right where they should be, according to our midwives. My cervix was nice and closed also, which I wasn't worried about, but is a good thing! I was also very tiny when I was born (4 lb. 5 oz.). I am betting that our girls weigh more than that when they decide it's time to come out.

 

Also, yay for clean showers and nice walks! It's been so great to have a few days without rain to enjoy the outdoors.

 


Funny that we were exactly the same birthweight!  I am hopeful both your twins and mine will beat us, nicely.  I think they will.  Having been early and small as I was, though, I feel like any degree in which the twins surpass me will be something to be grateful for, even if doesn't meet my true goal, and great desire, to get them as robust and as far as I can.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusarctos View Post

Yay for big healthy twins!!!


Yes, indeed!  And thanks!!  

post #98 of 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristandthekids View Post

I FINALLY bought a car today.

Not what I wanted, and more than I wanted to spend, but big enough to get all the kids and furbabies from point A to B. Just pray it's not a lemon.


Excellent!  I hope it will prove worth every penny, and reliable enough to provoke affection, in time.  

 

Speaking of things I am happy about: several odds and ends of baby shower gifts (stuff Amazon split up) arrived today - including a Moby wrap each for my husband and myself  joy.gif; as did newborn diaper covers and some portable wet bags from my mother, just because she was worried I needed them love.gif; plus a box from my sister - full of secondhand maternity clothes she found at a huge thrift-style sale, new maternity underwear and washable nursing pads she got at a going-out-of-business sale, and some sweet, sweet new baby clothes she and my nephews picked for the wee ones.  What's so wonderful, aside from the kindness in all of this, is that I was getting very anxious about needing to get covers & so on for diapering, in the first couple of months, when we expect to use a service; and that I had suddenly started to feel like I didn't have enough maternity clothes that really fit to get from one batch of laundry to the next, right down to my biggest underwear  rolling down my belly and making weird lines, the last few days... So, YAY!!!  I have five pairs of over-the-belly underwear now, that fit and offer a touch of support to my poor back and abdomen.  They're decidedly unsexy, but so comfortable!  And they won't make me look weird, through my clothes...  Also, the knit pants and two shirts I've tried on are really comfortable, and one of the shirts is very flattering.  There are two short-sleeved dresses and a pair of cropped jeans, too, so my wardrobe troubles are definitely eased...

 

What with the diaper covers coming, I finally contacted the diaper service to arrange for them to add us, and get initial diaper packs delivered!

post #99 of 897

Yay for new cars, big healthy twins, wonderful gifts and lovely date nights with hubbies!! joy.gif  

 

Imprint - I would so love new maternity clothes!  Enjoy your haul!

 

Erica - that birth class sounds wonderful and I'm so happy you and DH connected!

 

AFM - Ok so I know it's technically not "today" b/c it's 3 am, but I'm up and can't sleep (that's NOT what I feel good about, lol) so I figured I'd post.

 

I feel good that I've gotten in THREE awesome workouts this week and I'll probably get one more in tmw during work.  I've never been this consistent or felt so strong.

 

I'm glad that I pushed myself last night after a LONG day to tidy up the living room/kitchen.  I'm happy that DD is going to grandma's while I'll be at work on Friday (today) so I won't come home to a disaster area -- it will still look neat when I get home!!

 

 

post #100 of 897
I'm very grateful that my girls' are finally getting over this croup! It's been a miserable week with 3 hours of sleep at night, and I'm glad I'll be able to rest now!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: August 2011
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › August 2011 › What do you feel GOOD about today?