My BIL (DH's brother) is getting married in late June, when I'll be 35 weeks along. We're planning to drive to the wedding and it would be an 11-hour drive if we took minimal stops, but realistically, probably closer to 14 or 15 hours with our 2-year-old. DH and DS are both in the wedding and I was feeling completely confident about taking the trip until last night.
All of a sudden, I have a really bad feeling about the trip and I don't want to go. We still have 6 weeks until the trip and I'm hoping this is just a temporary case of nerves, but I just keep imagining going into labor while we're traveling and ending up at some random hospital with a care provider who's completely unfriendly to natural birthers.
I'm trying to calm down and think of all the possibilities--after all, it's unlikely that I'd go into labor that early and if I did, they'd try to stop it anyway. But would this make you nervous? What factors would you consider when deciding whether to take a trip like this?