I am so sorry, that must be scary. I think the worst part of all these kinds of markers, is that it still doesn't really tell you anything. You have an increased risk of this, an x% increased chance of that, but ultimately what they are saying is:"There might be an issue, but we can't say anything for sure." It stinks. Hugs to you, keeping you and your babe in my prayers.
I think that once my healthcare coverage kicks in, it will be covered, but since that won't be for another 5 and a half weeks, we will have to wait. I'm not so sure I want an amnio though. I am going to try and get a level 2 ultrasound, and I think from that they will probably be able to tell with a reasonable level of certainty if we are dealing with Trisomy 18. For us the outcome is not time-sensitive, in that we won't terminate for any reason. The waiting is hard, but somehow is getting easier. I pray a lot, that helps.