I was preparing a red pear for my dd's lunch this morning. She asked if it was an apple. I told her it was a pear. She stated that pears are green. I told her some are red. She said at Nana's house she has green pears. She says the pears at Nana's house sometimes make her mouth itch, but the ones I give her don't. When I told her there are red and green apples too, she says that sometimes the green apples make her mouth itch too, but not the red ones.
Hopefully I am not missing any details in the story.
Here are my questions:
1. Does this mean she may be allergic to pears and apples too?
2. Is it possible to be allergic to green pears or apples, but not red ones? Or does she not have a clue?
3. Is it possible that there is no allergy to pears or apples, but the ones from Nana's house are cross contaminated with something she is allergic to?
4. Is it possible this is OAS? does that affect young kids or just grown or almost grown people?
5. Should I no longer give her pears or apples even though I don't understand the specifics of the issue?
6. Is it possible she is just making this up? Doesn't seem likely to me though since it was so spontaneous that she just stated the ones Nana gives her make her mouth itch.
Is there something else I should do or look out for or ask her or whatever?