or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › May 2011 › Kentley Margaret's birth story
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Kentley Margaret's birth story

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
I had reached my due date and was really starting to stress because I had never gotten this far in a pregnancy before. My blood pressure was starting to go up, and I was ready to be done.

The day after my due date I decided I would try castor oil. I figured if it didn't work it was not that big of a deal. So, I drank 2 oz of castor oil in freshly made OJ. I felt a little queasy after that so I ate some toast and laid down for a while. I was having some irregular contractions. Once I felt better my mom and I decided to go to the mall to return a couple of things and then to Walmart for some last minute supplies. When I got home nothing much was happening, and I was starting to think that it was not going to work! After lunch I began to notice some contractions. This was about 1:00. By 2:00 they were 2-5 min apart, but not strong and not very long. Trey called the midwife to give her a heads up and she decided to come on over because I have fast labors and she is an hour away. The midwife got to the house around 3:30. The contractions were still not too strong. I decided to go for  a walk around our yard while the midwife was setting up. My mom and I walked around the yard and things really started to pick up. Around 4:00 we got back in from our walk.

I have no idea about time from here on out. I do know that I felt like I was out of control and the pain was so intense. I was still thinking that I was not in labor and I was starting to panic that I would not be able to do this because it was just too much. I tried everything to manage the pain, the birth ball, hypnobirthing, the shower. Nothing was helping, and I was starting to cry during the contractions. So I decided to get in the tub to see if it would help. The water felt great, and my mom was pouring really hot water over my back. All that felt great, but what felt even better was pushing! I realized I was pushing at this point. I was not planning a water birth because I have a small tub and had not gotten a birth tub.

So, everyone was telling me I had to get out of the tub. The contractions were coming one right after another and I was afraid I would not be able to get out. Somehow I got out and made it back to my room. My midwife wanted to check to make sure it was time to push, and it was. I was still in shock that it was time to push, but at this point there was no way I could stop myself. I think I pushed 3 or 4 times, and at 6:41pm Kentley Margaret was here in my arms screaming her head off!  
post #2 of 12

Congratulations!  Kentley is a beautiful name.  So happy for your newest arrival.

post #3 of 12

Awwww! Congratulations on a beautiful little girl!

post #4 of 12


post #5 of 12

congrats mama (and welcome to baby kentley).

post #6 of 12
Congrats heather! Welcome kentley!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #7 of 12

Congrats mama, can't wait to see pics of your little one!

post #8 of 12
Thread Starter 

This is all I have in photo bucket right now.
post #9 of 12


post #10 of 12

Congratulations! Welcome, Kentley! I love that name, and that picture is just so cute! :)

post #11 of 12

Congratulations, great name!

post #12 of 12


New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: May 2011
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › May 2011 › Kentley Margaret's birth story