My children did not receive the varicella vaccine. None of them has contracted chicken pox. I thought the best thing that could happen would be actually becoming infected so they would have lifelong immunity....like me and my husband. I thought that scenario would be unlikely now that most children are vaccinated. Kind of a dilema but my thinking was..... if they don't get CP, they can be vaccinated later if we decide to go that route.
My MIL whom we see frequently, almost on a daily basis, has some condition. She is a very tough lady and has been taking advil constantly. She still feels bad but manages to cope. She has been to the Dr (finally) and they gave her some medication which has not helped. She mentioned she may have shingles and she thinks the DR pretty much dismissed it. Her symptoms seem exactly like shingles. Everything I read is describing her condition. She thinks she has shingles. But she says she has not had CP. I have read this cannot be possible.
My question: if she does in fact have shingles (maybe does not know she had CP), should I let my children catch CP from her (maybe) shingles. I do not relish having 4 sick kids but maybe this would be the best thing?? I mean, when is a good time to have CP? But my mom nursed us through. Also, maybe worth mentioning, I am about 10 weeks pregnant..... does this have any bearing on my decision?? My little one isn't even 2 (but she is still nursing) is this going to be a nightmare?? Should I just wait for an "opportunity" later or perhaps vaccinate down the road. Does anyone have any advice for me??? Please help.