Yes, it's another one of those obsessive threads that I'm sure you all are tired of Sorry!
Things that make me wonder...
- I got a BFP way early (3w 3d) and it was very obviously a BFP. No guessing or squinting needed.
- I immediately felt like crap. With ds I had no morning sickness. This time I was sick as a dog for months.
- We had a first u/s at 7 weeks. They stuck the thingy in and immediately two black blobs showed up. The dr moved the thingy to the one side and zoomed in on one blob and found the baby. He never went back to the other blob (part of that was probably because it was the end of the day and he wanted to leave).
- I started growing rapidly (not just the appearance of my belly, but my uterus is measuring large too- at my last appointment at 16 weeks it was just a hair under my belly button. Now at 20 weeks it's about 2 inches above my belly button).
- At my last appointment (at 16 weeks) I video taped the dr finding the heartbeat (ds wanted to hear it but he was at school during my appointment). The dr put the doppler way down low and got a heartbeat, but it wasn't as clear as he wanted. He then put the dopper way up by my belly button and got a heartbeat. He never said what the bpm were. A couple days ago I was playing around and watched the video, out of curiosity, and tried counting the bpm for both the lower and the upper to see if they were the same. I figured the lower to be around 133bpm and the upper to be around 167 bpm.
- Movement started early and is crazy! I never felt this with my ds. The movement seems to be everywhere, all at once. Yesterday I was laying in bed with dh. I was feeling movement everywhere so I put his hand on my lower right belly and he immediately felt a strong kick. Immediately I moved his hand to the upper left part of my belly and he felt another one within seconds of the first one. He turned white as a ghost. LOL! At the same time, I was feeling movement (not kicks, but more like rolling/moving in the lower left and upper right parts. DH says we just have a baby who swims in complete circles. LOL!
- Mothers intuition. I just feel like there's more than one. My mom (who was a LBD nurse for many many years) has been convinced I am having twins since before I told her I was pregnant. She's still convinced I'm having twins, even after the 7 week ultrasound showed one.
Obviously all of these can be explained away with other reasons-
- Early BFP was just because of a strong baby.
- Every pregnancy is different so morning sickness this time isn't too uncommon.
- Other black blob could have been a cyst or something
- I could just be growing a big baby (ds was almost 9lb at 39 weeks) so the uterus is just a little bigger.
- I could be counting the bpm wrong. A small error can result in the difference.
- There's just one very active baby who can stretch out to crazy lengths.
- My mom and I are both crazy
I have an ultrasound tomorrow afternoon, so I don't have too much longer to obsess. I just thought it would be fun to hear some of your thoughts, as mamas of multiples. If you think I'm crazy, go ahead and say it