I'm so torn on what to do. I'll be visiting my family this summer, and can't decide whether to go for 3 or 4 weeks. The kids have never been away from exdp (we're still living together) for more than 2 weeks before, while visiting my family.
This time, my aunt has advanced lung cancer and I want the kids and me to spend as much time with her as we can, while she still feels up to it.
But I know that exdp will miss the kids like crazy, too. (I'm mad at him right now, but I'm trying to do the right thing).
The ticket prices are too high to buy him a ticket to go for a week or so, but there's a chance they'll go down at the last minute. Of course, we can't plan on that happening.
Oh, and my family is paying for our tickets, and they all want us to come for 4 weeks, of course.