I have lived in a sparsely populated county in central KY my entire life. There is a very very good chance that our family will be moving to Louisville in the next couple of months.
I would love more information about:
- free opportunities that children will enjoy
- "good" neighborhoods
- farmers markets or other good grocery markets
- medical community. I have 3 children that have to see pediatric endocrinologist and also one child with autism. Also will need a intact knowledgeable pediatrician.
- homeschool community and get togethers?
- the good and safe parks vs. the ones I will not be wanting to take my kids to
- Special education in the public school (for my son with autism)
- public transportation
- bike/pedestrian paths
I am a country girl through and through. I traveled pretty heavily in my late teens and early 20's but I have only ever lived in the backwoods of our fine hills. Any tips or need to know advice?
This all hinges around if everything falls through with this new job, which it is starting to look more and more like it will. If so he will go and live with his cousin in Louisville for a month while he scouts out a place for us and then we will move up with him.
So exciting and nervous!