Long story short, we moved last summer on very short notice, and in the hectic process, some of the kids' toys ended up in bags in the basement (I'm guessing one of the friends that helped out deposited them there). I started going through some of the bags today, and a lot of the wooden toys seem to be covered with mold. :( Can anything be done, or do I just have to get rid of them?
Can these toys be saved?
They might be salvagable. I'd start by putting them out in the sun. After a day or two of sunshine you could treat them with a clove oil solution.
1/4 of a teaspoon of clove oil in a litre of water. Put in a spray bottle and shake well. Mist lightly over the toys and leave to dry. Then brush the toys with a stiff nylon brush and the mould should come off.