I'm going round and round with the 3 oft recommended - true fit, radian, complete air. We expect DS (10 months and ready for a convertible) to be tall/skinny. We have a VW Passat wagon. I check carseatdata.org for our car and didn't see much. I could just get all 3 on amazon and try them out I suppose but what a hassle. Last bit of info, we also have a 12 yr old DSS. IF we were going to have another baby, it would be in the next 2 yrs, which would be 2 car seats and a teen in the back seat. This is not high on the consideration list (because we don't even know if we want another) but still something to think about - how wide the seat is.
If your brain isn't spinning which so much info (as mine is), please help with these questions or any other pointers, thanks!
1. I like how my bucket seat I tighten the harness after putting him in it,then loosen it to take him out. We recently used my friend's Evenflo convertible (no idea which one) and that part was not easy. DS was screaming by the time we managed to finish. Is it easy to tighten/loosen with DS in the seat for these 3 seats, or is that just a bucket seat thing?
2. True Fit C670 Premier. I like that these recline. I'm thinking that way when we'll be in the car longer than normal DS can sleep more comfortably. Is that a valid consideration? Is the recline something I would need to do at install, is it adjustable when he's in the seat? Does reclining make the seat take up more room (I'm guessing yes)? Is the slightly lower weight limit a concern? I mean - how do you really know how your kid is gonna grow?
3. Complete Air 65 LX. These recline as well I believe. Again, that seems like a good idea, but is it? I see a lot of reviews about this one taking of way too much space RFing. Will I even notice something like this coming from a bucket seat (Graco snug ride)? I think this is the one you can find at BRU so I can at least try this one out myself.
4. Radian. This was our first choice. I thought the steel frame sounded good (don't plan to travel with it). The biggest concern here is all the talk about the LATCH problems. I know a seat belt install should be just as good, and we'd get it checked. But DP is all about the LATCH lol Also, I see mentioned often "if you can get it installed upright". Not sure I understand - why is it harder to get upright in some cars than others?
5. About all of them: Does the cushion come off for washing and if so, is it just toss in washer/dryer or are there special instructions?
I'm sure I had other concerns/questions over the last few days of researching this, but I didn't keep a list, and this is way too long anyway. Thanks for any help!