or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › Annoyed with MIL. Am I wrong? WWYD? (long)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Annoyed with MIL. Am I wrong? WWYD? (long) - Page 3

post #41 of 51
Your mil is being selfish. Her granddaughter is uncomfy sleeping in some one else's house. But the mil thinks she is more important.

Also to consider, what if you go in to labor after your daughter is in bed? Is she expecting you to wake the little girl and drive her to the inlays while in labor?
post #42 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa1970 View Post

Your mil is being selfish. Her granddaughter is uncomfy sleeping in some one else's house. But the mil thinks she is more important.

Also to consider, what if you go in to labor after your daughter is in bed? Is she expecting you to wake the little girl and drive her to the inlays while in labor?


Ummm....or maybe she just wants to be comfortable herself? And she's the one going out of her way to keep the child overnight, and since she's a 62 year old, working GRANDMOTHER maybe a teensy little modicum of respect is warranted? Or is that attitude too mainstream? eyesroll.gif

 

Why is the 3 year old's possible discomfort for one night so much more important than the grandma's...? That's what I don't get.

 

post #43 of 51
Thread Starter 

Guys, this thread is old! I had my baby 6 weeks ago. winky.gif

 

It all went fine. BIL came to our house so we didn't have to drag DD out of bed at 1am. This was just as well, seeing as my labour was so fast that we wouldn't have made it to the hospital on time if we'd had to drive DD to MIL's house first!

Also, for the record, 62 years old is not "nearly 70" or "elderly". lol.gif

post #44 of 51

Congratulations! I'm so glad that all worked out! 

post #45 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake777 View Post

Guys, this thread is old! I had my baby 6 weeks ago. winky.gif

 

It all went fine. BIL came to our house so we didn't have to drag DD out of bed at 1am. This was just as well, seeing as my labour was so fast that we wouldn't have made it to the hospital on time if we'd had to drive DD to MIL's house first!

Also, for the record, 62 years old is not "nearly 70" or "elderly". lol.gif


Congratulations!

 

I agree that 62 is not particularly elderly. There is a difference between someone in their early 60's and someone in their 70's.

 

post #46 of 51

I realized it was old after I posted and went looking for a birth announcement and could not find it. Thanks for updating!!!

post #47 of 51
Thread Starter 

It probably doesn't help that my siggy still says I'm pregnant. ;)

 

ETA: fixed it!

post #48 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake777 View Post

Guys, this thread is old! I had my baby 6 weeks ago. winky.gif

 

It all went fine. BIL came to our house so we didn't have to drag DD out of bed at 1am. This was just as well, seeing as my labour was so fast that we wouldn't have made it to the hospital on time if we'd had to drive DD to MIL's house first!

Also, for the record, 62 years old is not "nearly 70" or "elderly". lol.gif


Well I was talking about my mom being nearly 70, when I was trying to make my (now, irrelevant) point. ;) Anyhow, congrats on the baby!

 

post #49 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithie View Post

" But OTOH, I think vastly pregnant people should get everything they want, and if my own daughter or DIL someday asks me to do something I'm really uncomfortable with while she's in the hospital having my grandchild, you can bet your boots that I will do it. I will feed her pet python, drive her older kid to his Young Republicans meeting, whatever, puree and encapsulate her placenta, whatever. 

 

 

Not to hijack the thread but you...are...AWESOME!

post #50 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyzombiecat View Post




Congratulations!

 

I agree that 62 is not particularly elderly. There is a difference between someone in their early 60's and someone in their 70's.

 



I think it depends on the individual person's health and lifestyle. My mother is only 60 but acts as though she's 80. I have a friend who is 65 and acts as though she's 40. 

Coming late to the thread but I'm glad it all worked out. I do agree your MIL was being a bit difficult and was putting her needs/wants/comfort in front of your child's. 

post #51 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeegirl View Post

 

Why is the 3 year old's possible discomfort for one night so much more important than the grandma's...? That's what I don't get.

 

 

Because an adult has way more skills, understanding, knowledge, experience, coping mechanisms, etc. than a 3yo
 

Glad everything worked out!  I wasn't actually thinking allergies, but more along the lines of an addiction (medically related or otherwise) of some kind honestly.  What you described of your mil to me sounded really familiar from what I've seen with others that were so rigid about needing to be home to the extent of missing out on things that were very important to them. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Parenting
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › Annoyed with MIL. Am I wrong? WWYD? (long)