So, today is my due date. No sign that labor is starting anytime soon. I have some time but, have started thinking about the upcoming week or so. I realize I have a lot of time but, I want to starting thinking about ideas now for my upcoming appt. I found out that my insurance provider (Kaiser) policy is to induce at 41 weeks. My midwife said she can push that off a bit but by my appt on the 16th we will have to pick an induction date within a few days of that.
First, a little about where I am at. Baby is still very high, I am 2-3 cm dialated (been that way for 2+ weeks) About 70% effaced (also been that way for 2+ weeks) I was having a ton of prodromal stuff and fairly regular bh contractions and then they just stopped happening. Now I don't really experience any prodromal symptoms at all.
I have an appt. on the 7th and then not another until the 16th. At the appt on the 16th, She will see the next time she is at the hospital and pick that date to induce.
At the appt on the 7th she can stripe the membranes or I can wait and try for it on the 16th. My only concern is if I wait for the 16th and she is only on call at the hospital on the 17th then that is the date they will induce, that give no time for the labor to start on its own.
Would you have your membranes striped only 2 days after your due date? I really wanted to wait and let things go on there own but, I am also concerned if nothing happens by the induction date its PIT all the way and I won't have the time to try other stuff.
Oh I should add, my membranes were striped at 39 weeks (without my consent) with dd and my membrane ruptured the next day...I think labor would have followed on its own by the next day but, I didn't know better back then and called the hospital where they started PIT. about 6 hrs later. I also was not dialated at all when they were stripped the first time.
Okay, thats for taking the time and all ideas are welcome. Also, other ideas. I am pretty freaked out at the though of castor oil, although it sounds 10times better then being induced. If you would do the castor oil route...when would you try it?