I'm wondering if anyone has read any of the books below and could offer their opinion or recommend any other parenting books for parents who practice AP and GD. I tend to steer clear of any discipline method that is too rigid or forumla as I feel that flexibility in parenting is important especially since being flexible is one of the things my 6-year-old really struggles with. I really like Alphie Kohn's Unconditional Parenting, but I am looking for more concrete/specific methods at this point.
A little background: My son is a smart and well-adjusted typical kid 80 percent of the time...but the other 20 percent he is overly emotional, sensitive, compulsive/explosive and extremely inflexible. He's had a very rough first year of kindergarten and I'd like to take the summer to recharge and hopefully find some helpful books to shed some light on what triggers his violent outbursts and give suggestions for how I can help him.