2mo well check today: 11lbs. A month ago, she was 10lbs 8 oz. Gained 8 oz in a month. Birth weight [homebirth, no IV] was 8lbs 4oz, back at birth weight in a week and at three weeks she was 10lbs 5 oz. She started off well! Has grown 2" since birth.
- I *think* reflux is resolved through my diet a few weeks ago. Though sometimes when she cries she almost sounds hoarse?
- haven't been able to eat dairy
- she was pooping infrequently (1x a week or 2 weeks) but this week pooped 6 times
- she's sleeping 6-7 hours some nights, usually at least 4-5.
- nursing 8-9x a day (would be 1 or two more but she takes a nice long afternoon nap (3hrs) and has that longer stretch at night
- eating every 2.5 - 3 hrs during the day
- she's content after eating, plays, smiles, then sleeps later
- likes the paci
- overactive letdown generally seems to be resolved. But she was fussing today when nursing like she didn't want the flow (and it wasn't even that fast, not spraying at all) but had only nursed 3-4 min.
- not too interested in non-nutritive sucking or lingering long enough to get more fatty milk
- sometimes takes 2 sides, sometimes one
- pumping isn't = to nursing yield, but I got 4oz from one size yesterday (a decent amount for me)
- doesn't appear to have any pain from reflux like she used to. I cut out OJ and it greatly improved
Dr isn't too concerned but wants a weight check in a week and then possibly consult a LC after that. I've wondered if the fact that I can't have dairy (I miss my raw milk!), I'm having less fat. I've been filling up on more carbs and sugar and didn't think of that until after I left the Dr. So, I'll be working to have more fat in my diet (coconut oil/milk, butter, nuts) and see what that does.
I'm not really worried too much but am some. DS (now 2) gained very well though as an infant then slowed a lot. Has always been very solid.
I know she has filled out more in the last week, So maybe earlier on, she wasn't gaining at all with the dairy issues and she's now doing ok? Obviously I don't know if perhaps she gained nothing for 3 weeks then put on 8oz all last week, you know? So, the weight check next week will tell a lot.
Edited by CookAMH - 6/10/11 at 4:45pm