or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › You might be a 'crunchy' parent if...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

You might be a 'crunchy' parent if...

post #1 of 218
Thread Starter 

the "sprinkle cheese" (parmesan) can in your house is actually filled with nutritional yeast.

 

You have children yet have never owned a crib or had a "nursery"

 

your kids don't know about babies being born in hospitals, they play "midwife"

 

You have ever had to pause and figure out what to say when your young son asks if he can be a midwife when he grows up...

post #2 of 218

your LO is surprised to see someone's else's baby eat from a jar

 

:)

post #3 of 218

all your friends think it's perfectly fine that your LO places her hand on their boob when they hold her

post #4 of 218

I have seen totally bottle-fed babies grab boobs, I think it's the comfy factor lol.

 

if...your little ones don't get why their cousins/friends can't come over to play until after 3 during the week or only weekends.

post #5 of 218

You keep score of all the things you do that make you a "better" parent than your "mainstream" neighbors and family.

post #6 of 218



Darn I guess me and my public schooled kids won't be contributing this to thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerose View Post

I have seen totally bottle-fed babies grab boobs, I think it's the comfy factor lol.

 

if...your little ones don't get why their cousins/friends can't come over to play until after 3 during the week or only weekends.



 

post #7 of 218

That is a great idea--about the sprinkle cheese/nutritional yeast.  Will do.

 

And, in reply:

If you have permanent (well, not really) teeth marks on your boobs (from a child, I should say).

You shudder when you hear Elmo's laugh (though, I have to say, I support what Sesame Street puts on...very good values, I think).

If you kind of like eating the prune puree you won't feed your child that you got free from WIC.

 

 


Edited by McGucks - 6/13/11 at 4:19pm
post #8 of 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoMom View Post

You keep score of all the things you do that make you a "better" parent than your "mainstream" neighbors and family.



Oh, snap!

 

Seriously.  Guess what?  Other mothers on "mainstream" websites think they are doing a better job than a lot of the posters here.  And sometimes - gasp - they talk about you too!

 

Oh but I do want to add that to me, as long as kids are fed, well-taken care of, loved and happy, it's all good.  Loved kids make great adults whether or not they were breastfed until they got their driver's license. 

post #9 of 218


Every parent I know hates Elmo, even if they let their kid watch 24/7 TV.  Elmo is annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caedenmomma View Post

That is a great idea--about the sprinkle cheese/nutritional yeast.  Will do.

 

And, in reply:

If you have permanent (well, not really) teeth marks on your boobs (from a child, I should say).

You shudder when you hear Elmo's laugh (though, I have to say, I support what Sesame Street puts on...very good values, I think).

If you kind of like eating the prune puree you won't feel your child that you got free from WIC.

 

 



 

post #10 of 218

OK, for reals, ladies?  Is all this horn-tooting, back-patting, and nose-angling really neccessary? 

 

Heads up.  If your kids are happy, healthy, and thriving, your an awsome parent and they think your the bomb.  Just sayin. 

 

I get that Mdc is crunchy.  Ive been around long enough to know that.  HOWEVER, not all of us are tandum nursing 3 children until the oldest is 8, grassfed, organic self made garden, living off grid, un circed, stay at home moms.  But we still love our kids and enjoy this forum.  Sheepish.gif

post #11 of 218
I thought crunchy was mainstream now?
post #12 of 218


ROTFLMAO.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer's Wife View Post

I thought crunchy was mainstream now?

 


 

post #13 of 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Charlie's~Angel~ View Post

OK, for reals, ladies?  Is all this horn-tooting, back-patting, and nose-angling really neccessary? 

 

Heads up.  If your kids are happy, healthy, and thriving, your an awsome parent and they think your the bomb.  Just sayin. 

 

I get that Mdc is crunchy.  Ive been around long enough to know that.  HOWEVER, not all of us are tandum nursing 3 children until the oldest is 8, grassfed, organic self made garden, living off grid, un circed, stay at home moms.  But we still love our kids and enjoy this forum.  Sheepish.gif


dude you just aren't doing crunchy well enough...try harder!

FORCE your kids to nurse again...who cares if no milk is coming in!upsidedown.gif

 

 

This thread should be called..."You might think you are better than any other parent in the whole history of parenting if..."

 

post #14 of 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Charlie's~Angel~ View Post

OK, for reals, ladies?  Is all this horn-tooting, back-patting, and nose-angling really neccessary? 

 

Heads up.  If your kids are happy, healthy, and thriving, your an awsome parent and they think your the bomb.  Just sayin. 

 

I get that Mdc is crunchy.  Ive been around long enough to know that.  HOWEVER, not all of us are tandum nursing 3 children until the oldest is 8, grassfed, organic self made garden, living off grid, un circed, stay at home moms.  But we still love our kids and enjoy this forum.  Sheepish.gif

ITA!  What on earth is this thread for?   

 

FWIW.. I've watched kids grow up in every possible lifestyle, with breast milk, or formula, eating mcdonalds or organic food, and they all turn out pretty much the same.  No one has an advantage over the other.   The kids who come from happy supportive loving homes where mom and dad still love each other more than anything, are the most productive happy well adjusted adults now.  The ones from messed up homes are messed up.  It doesn't matter how long they shared a bed with Mom and dad.
 

 

post #15 of 218

Yeah by some of these comments here I would be considered very mainstream. Which I guess I am. We breastfed but now on formula,  co sleep for a short time. But don't cloth diaper. I let DD watch TV, we dont' eat organic foods but a few items and even those are rare. . I fed DD from a jar. Gave birth at the hospital with an epidural. will be circing if we have a boy and so on. But I don't find that I fit in either category mainstream or AP. I parent on how I feel is right or natural to me and DH.  The only thing that matters to me is that my daughter and soon to be born baby know that they are loved and that DH and I are their safe place. I come here because there is a lot of information here that has been helpful even if I haven't asked for myself. I mean I never would have known the safety of RF till 2 at the earliest. And things like that. 

post #16 of 218

I just want to add that its because of 'tudes like THIS that I feel I really dont fit in anywhere.  Friggin sucks!  Feels like highschool. 

post #17 of 218

...if you feel the need to congratulate yourself on what a great parent you are, all the while casting judgement and disdain on parents who do things differently than you.

 

...if you refuse to acknowledge that while your way may be the best for YOUR family, it is not the be all and end all for every family out there, and maybe, just maybe, other people are doing what is right for their own family and they feel just as secure in their decisions as you do.

 

Seriously, I have done the best I can to do what is best for my son, and I am confident in my own decisions, but I am pretty sure if I shared them here I'd be pretty harshly viewed. MDC does have a lot of information that I value, so that is why I continue to read here.  I just wish I thought I could share more about myself without being judged for it.

post #18 of 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer's Wife View Post

I thought crunchy was mainstream now?

 


Blame Gwenyth Paltrow.

post #19 of 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Charlie's~Angel~ View Post

I just want to add that its because of 'tudes like THIS that I feel I really dont fit in anywhere.  Friggin sucks!  Feels like highschool. 



I would totally sit with you at the lunch table at schoollove.gif

post #20 of 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuildJenn View Post





Blame Gwenyth Paltrow.


I blame Gwenyth Paltrow for everything.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Parenting
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › You might be a 'crunchy' parent if...