or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › You might be a 'crunchy' parent if...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

You might be a 'crunchy' parent if... - Page 6

post #101 of 218
I think the only "crunchy" marker I have is that I'm kind of the go-to person in my neighborhood for that kind of thing. If someone is pregnant and wanting to breastfeed, they're told to ask Suzanne about it, she knows! Same for birth choices, cloth diapering, and anything else along those lines.
post #102 of 218

My crunchy marker is that I remember when you used to be able to have these kinds of fun threads at MDC and not get shot down for talking about your crunch factor... because people were sharing ideas and laughter instead of getting offended and having pissing contests.

post #103 of 218

OOH I got the a high score on that how crunchy are you test. It was like super grape nut granola or something crunchy lol

 

*I* always though crunchy was more about being eco-friendly and minimalistic than our parenting choices? Can't you be super crunchy and not even be a parent?

post #104 of 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by sosurreal09 View Post

 

*I* always though crunchy was more about being eco-friendly and minimalistic than our parenting choices? Can't you be super crunchy and not even be a parent?


Yes, that is what I always thought too.  I don't think we used to call it crunchy in the old days (back when I was young), but DH and I were called crunchy way before we had DD.  Like I said in the not-so-crunchy thread, I didn't even know until I came to MDC that certain parenting practices were considered crunchy.  I just assumed that crunchiness was a result of an overall lifestyle choice.
 

 

post #105 of 218
I have a couple...

1. When your most crunchy AP friends, call your family extreme. We were floored by this one because we consider them to be extreme. We're just on different extremes orngbiggrin.gif

2. When the cloth diapering, breast feeding, delayed vax, crunchiest doctor you could find says, "Congratulations... that's one I've never heard before" when you mention tandem bfing for 2 years.
post #106 of 218

I thought of another one. 

 

You might be crunchy if.....you can identify and decode all of the crunchy alphabet soup: CIO, MIC, CD, NAK, NIP, UC, GD, EBF.......

post #107 of 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by sosurreal09 View Post

OOH I got the a high score on that how crunchy are you test. It was like super grape nut granola or something crunchy lol

 

*I* always though crunchy was more about being eco-friendly and minimalistic than our parenting choices? Can't you be super crunchy and not even be a parent?



I agree and as our children age and grow out of cloth diapering and bfing and such. Doesn't mean we are less "crunchy." I think it is a life style that spills over into parenting if we choose to let it/have children. : )

post #108 of 218


Only one IDK is MIC! What is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turquesa View Post

I thought of another one. 

 

You might be crunchy if.....you can identify and decode all of the crunchy alphabet soup: CIO, MIC, CD, NAK, NIP, UC, GD, EBF.......



 

post #109 of 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by sosurreal09 View Post


Only one IDK is MIC! What is that?



 



Made in China.

post #110 of 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2this View Post

Yeah by some of these comments here I would be considered very mainstream. Which I guess I am. We breastfed but now on formula,  co sleep for a short time. But don't cloth diaper. I let DD watch TV, we dont' eat organic foods but a few items and even those are rare. . I fed DD from a jar. Gave birth at the hospital with an epidural. will be circing if we have a boy and so on. But I don't find that I fit in either category mainstream or AP. I parent on how I feel is right or natural to me and DH.  The only thing that matters to me is that my daughter and soon to be born baby know that they are loved and that DH and I are their safe place. I come here because there is a lot of information here that has been helpful even if I haven't asked for myself. I mean I never would have known the safety of RF till 2 at the earliest. And things like that. 

 

Hi new2this! I'm glad you found your way to this site and have gained insight into some really important information like extended RF and have found some friends to hang out with....

 

But let me get this straight, you came to MDC and you really like it, that's great, but you realize that MDC is a NFL site, right? Of course you do. That doesn't mean you don't get to come and have fun over here, because there are very many varying degrees of what it means to be striving for natural family living. But here's the list of things you just threw out there:

 

1. Formula Feed

2. Jar Food Feed

3. Diaper with sposies

4. TV watch

5. Rarely eat organic food

 

and, the one that makes my heart cry:

 

6. You WILL circ any son of yours.

 

...and yet you walked onto this thread and were all "I totally don't understand why there has to be this sort of judgement on this site" - are you serious? This is a site for people who are striving to live an AP lifestyle. I wouldn't judge you for the way you feed your family, or for FF or any of those things because there are SO many reasons that you could do those things that have nothing to do with your ideal parenting situation. For all I know, you realize that (truly)oraganic food and baby food not from a jar are superior, but don't have the money to buy them  (I have to grow my own and barter with farmers, because it IS so expensive) - but the way you are saying these things is not like "I wanted to breastfeed, but it fell through" or "I wanted a natural birth, but ended up with something different" - you're more like "this is my ideal, this is the way we choose to live and I'm proud of it and you have to accept it". Am I not reading you correctly?

 

The reason I belong to this site, is because I believe that there are VERY important reasons WHY I choose the things I choose. It's hard not to have TV. It's HARRRDDD for me to cloth diaper. I have to do so much finagling and juggling to afford to feed my family whole, completely organic, in season food...raising our own chickens and rabbits for eggs and meat means I'm tied down to my home SO hard and can't travel the way I'd like to and it takes work and planning...but I do it because I can't afford organic meat and because I don't trust store bought organic eggs. I'M STRIVING FOR SOMETHING here and this site is a place where I can come to trade notes and feel proud of these accomplishments, as opposed to really weird, which is how a lot of people in real life try to make me feel for my choices.

 

The thread "You might be crunchy IF..." isn't about knocking moms who don't adhere to the letter on EVERY single "AP" ideal...it's about celebrating the fact that when you make a decision to dedicate your life to the natural family living practices and try to come AS CLOSE as possible to the "AP model" it takes a lot of hard work and planning and thinking, etc.

 

I'm not saying that you are a bad parent, I know your children are loved, will be well cared for always and will grow up to be just as smart, well educated and confident as anyone elses children on these boards...but when while your kid is watching TV, mine is with me, making every single task I have to complete during the day a little more complicated because I've got a three year old "helping" and a 19 month old hanging from my boob, or they are enjoying an art project I've planned for them which takes time and makes a mess, etc. While your baby is eating out of a jar, I'm grinding away with a food mill. While you are going to the store to pick up a pre-packaged chicken and a box of rice pilaf, I'm in my yard, plucking an animal I raised from a hatchling so I can stew it or finishing up the brain tanning of a rabbit hide that will serve as a trade for food from an organic farm down the road.

 

Yeah, your kid is probably not going to die from your disposable diapers.....but this is a site where women come to be proud of the intense effort (at least for me, I HATE CD!) it takes to be washing and hanging and keeping track of CDs. This is a site for women to come and not be weird for composting their poop. Where we can be proud of a three year breastfeeding milestone instead of just being  the "weird one at moms group" who is "still nursing that kid even though he's practically in college!" - I mean, come ON, WHERE can I come to brag a little on the efforts I'm making? Where can I be, where it's okay to be proud of the fact that my parenting ideal requires a bit more effort, planning and patience than a "mainstream" one, if not here on MDC?

 

You think your parenting is the best you can give your kids. I think my parenting is the best I can give my kids. I think we're both right. I also think you should not feel so comfortable coming onto a thread --for the sole purpose of bashing-- that is basically titled:

 

"In what ways do you feel your family is coming closest to reaching the absolute ideal family living situation as outlined by the philosophy that this website is based around?"

 

Because that's what this thread is about...and you came onto this thread and said:

 

"Here are all the ways I'm NOT trying to live the values of the philosophy this site is based on, plus I'm absolutely going to mutilate my future sons genitals...BUT I'm really into extended rear facing"

 

Again, your values and parenting choices are not what I'm judging, I'm questioning the judgment behind your insistence that members of this site not be able to openly celebrate their AP/Crunchy lifestyle choices on a website specifically created for the discussion of said choices.

 

The only part of your post I acutually judge you for, is the circumcision comment. Because WOW. We have plenty of mamas on here who learned too late about circ, or who felt bullied into it or just didn't think to question it...THAT, fits here just fine because everyone makes mistakes and sometimes you just don't know. But being exposed to the information and how huge a deal that issue is to women on this site and then openly and brazenly (really, like you're PROUD of the choice) saying that you absolutely are PLANNING to make a parenting choice that undermines the basic, most important, underlying concept of the philosophy of this entire website (don't harm your kids)....I just don't understand what you want this place to be.

 

You came onto a thread that was all about "how is your family trying to live by the NFL standards" - and you came on and were like "In most ways, the NFL is not really for us, but I don't think people on this site should be so "judgy" against us more mainstream types" - it's not about judging what YOU choose to be, it's about celebration of the efforts we make to be what this WHOLE WEBSITE is about. We all know that parenthood is humbling and that a lot of things fly out the window when we're actually in the trenches...but how come this site went from "here is why I'm so proud to be AP/Crunchy/NFL/whatever you want to call it" - to "Here are all the ways my mainstream parenting is just as good as your not to mainstream parenting" - ??

 

I'm not saying "there are other websites for YOUR kind of parenting"  - I'm saying:

 

I bet our kids would be so much alike if they ever met in real life and I bet they close their eyes just as happy and feeling just as loved at night. But um, when you see a thread that celebrates NFL on this site, if you don't have anything nice to contribute, could you just not say anything??" - that's all.

 

As always, sorry for the novel. It's a sickness, I know, I can't seem to cure it so....shy.gif

 

post #111 of 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turquesa View Post





Made in China.


After the 2008 Olympics, DD1 now thinks MIC is a great, special thing. 

 

post #112 of 218

My kid and I watch TV together.

 

I am so tired of people positioning themselves as superiors human beings "We do not have TV".

TV is not better than books. No more than opera is better than ballet. Those are different art forms. There is bad books and bad TV.

 

We love TV and we are avid book readers. My video game TV watching kids attended more museums, seen more opera, ballet and Broadway musical than any of my none TV watching friends.

They cook from scratch with me and they incorporate ideas we saw on cooking shows.  They recognize literary allusion in Simpson's and Futurama.

 

Shows like Six Feet Under have amazing writers and complex idea developments. So does War and Peace.

 

When I was in colleges (degree in Literature with honors), I remember all my classmate going on and on about evil of TV.  Funny thing is, they also complain who they have no time to read or write all that was assigned to us.

 

I find entire idea of competing for "I am the crunchiest " kind of sad.  I did not breastfeed or use cotton diapers or modified my career so I could get  medal for that.  it worked for us but it does not mean we are better parents.

 

Years from now, when you see bunch of young kids in college, you will not be able to say who was BF till 2, who ate organic food and who was in the sling  , and who was in the stroller.   What you will see  is who was truly loved by his parents and grew up knowing it. And while organic food is nice, that is not what makes kid feel loved.

 

 

 

post #113 of 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alenushka View Post

My kid and I watch TV together.

 

I am so tired of people positioning themselves as superiors human beings "We do not have TV".

TV is not better than books. No more than opera is better than ballet. Those are different art forms. There is bad books and bad TV.

 

We love TV and we are avid book readers. My video game TV watching kids attended more museums, seen more opera, ballet and Broadway musical than any of my none TV watching friends.

They cook from scratch with me and they incorporate ideas we saw on cooking shows.  They recognize literary allusion in Simpson's and Futurama.

 

Shows like Six Feet Under have amazing writers and complex idea developments. So does War and Peace.

 

When I was in colleges (degree in Literature with honors), I remember all my classmate going on and on about evil of TV.  Funny thing is, they also complain who they have no time to read or write all that was assigned to us.

 

I find entire idea of competing for "I am the crunchiest " kind of sad.  I did not breastfeed or use cotton diapers or modified my career so I could get  medal for that.  it worked for us but it does not mean we are better parents.

 

Years from now, when you see bunch of young kids in college, you will not be able to say who was BF till 2, who ate organic food and who was in the sling  , and who was in the stroller.   What you will see  is who was truly loved by his parents and grew up knowing it. And while organic food is nice, that is not what makes kid feel loved.

 

 

 

 

Right, but on this site, it's perfectly acceptable to celebrate the things we do because we CARE about trying to closer to our IDEAL of family living. I understand exactly what you mean about TV and the fact that there are a thousand things your kids could do that waste just as much time. My problem with TV goes beyond time wasting (and I readily admit that all TV is not wasting time, there IS some FABULOUS programming out there). I actually think it's physically not healthy for young minds. I don't think that makes me better than you, but I DO think that I have a right to come onto this site, a place to champion alternative/natural family living and talk about the ways in which I'm striving for my ideal natural family life WITHOUT being bashed.

 

The truth is, I rarely post on these kinds of threads...but I read them and I think to myself "WOW! I never thought to do that, what an interesting way to repurpose xyz" and "COOOOL who knew you could eat xyz" and "YOU GO GIRL, I don't have the time and patience for THAT level of composting" - I'm HAPPY to read about all the ways in which my fellow mamas are reaching for a higher standard of NFL because that's why I come to this site.

 

Every once in a while, I'll go somewhere and the only food available will be crappy food and I never blink and eye at it, I will let my kids have it because those time are so few and far between. But unless it's on a "Ugh, I'm totally having an off day, my kids ate fishsticks for lunch...how do you sometimes not reach your goals for healthy/crunchy living!?" thread, you won't hear me talking about it. Not because I'm ashamed, but because this is not an outlet for "bragging" on "That awesome time I fed my kids bottom of the barrel food as far as content is concerned" - it's a site for "let's share NFL strategies/stories/etc".

 

Like I said, I don't care if people come here who are MOSTLY mainstream, some of the best writers and most clever mamas here are not as into the "hardcore" stuff. But how is it that lately, any time you see a mama standing up and saying "I'm really proud of how I xyz, I think this is SO good and really in line with NFL" - you get the pack of hecklers who come along and take that mama down a notch or two for daring to "snob" at mamas who aren't composting their poop?

 

I'm not proud of my efforts because I think I'm better than anyone else....I'm proud of my efforts because I examined a set of principles and said "yes, that is the lifestyle I want" and now I break my back, sacrifice financially and have had to learn a LOT to make that lifestyle a reality for my family. I'm PROUD of who I am.....and I will humbly admit that I am not better than anyone and have many, many faults.
 

 

post #114 of 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turquesa View Post

I thought of another one. 

 

You might be crunchy if.....you can identify and decode all of the crunchy alphabet soup: CIO, MIC, CD, NAK, NIP, UC, GD, EBF.......



I know 6 out of 8...so I guess I am about 75% crunchy (which is pretty accuarate, btw)

post #115 of 218

There is a letter or the law and there is spirit of the law.

 

My mom gave birth to me with zero interventions. I slept in her bed till 2 and weaned when I felt like it. My mom only used cloth diapers. All the food was made from scratch. Summers were spent in the country raising chickens, picking berries, weeding the garden and drinking milk from the grass fed cows. I was home taught till age 7. We had very little TV and tons of books. My brother was no cirked.  I had few plastic toys and my grandma sewed all the clothes for my doll. 90% of the time my mothers used natural remedies like herbs and cupping and energy healers.

 

Oh, what a wonder full AP, holistic life I had as child.

 

My brother grew up to be a drug addict. I am still in therapy.

 

I grew up in Russia where this is the way life was back then and no one patted each other on the back and attached any special spiritual meaning to it.

 

I would rather be born via c/s, formula fed, and send to day care.  I would rather my mothers took thing like Lithium and Abilify. I would rather she had full time job instead of working from home. and did not  drink. Our entire life was punctuated by   her manic-depressive episodes and drinking binges. But yes, cloth diapers and breastfeeding. Hooray.  My mom filled out the AP checklist.

 

Middle class American are very privileged people compare to the rest of the world. Everything they do has special meaning and spiritual significance from ho their child fed to how their child poops. In the rest of the world, it just called life. In the rest of the world, some women would actually like epidural, and ability to work outside the home and have some childcare. In the rest of the world, women would like choices. I come from another time and another country and I never seize to amazed how amazingly self centered American are. Guess what, the rest of the universe and the rest of the world does not care.   All over  the world people do many of the thing that is called AP here without books, $$$ workshops and special products, martyrdom self congratulatory attitude.

 

P.S. A tip from the old world. You do not need so spend hour reading "How to Feed your Baby", and to spend hours with the food mill. You can just, gaps, mash or blend with a handheld blender whatever food the rest of the family is eating and feed that to your baby.

 

 

post #116 of 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alenushka View Post

There is a letter or the law and there is spirit of the law.

 

My mom gave birth to me with zero interventions. I slept in her bed till 2 and weaned when I felt like it. My mom only used cloth diapers. All the food was made from scratch. Summers were spent in the country raising chickens, picking berries, weeding the garden and drinking milk from the grass fed cows. I was home taught till age 7. We had very little TV and tons of books. My brother was no cirked.  I had few plastic toys and my grandma sewed all the clothes for my doll. 90% of the time my mothers used natural remedies like herbs and cupping and energy healers.

 

Oh, what a wonder full AP, holistic life I had as child.

 

My brother grew up to be a drug addict. I am still in therapy.

 

I grew up in Russia where this is the way life was back then and no one patted each other on the back and attached any special spiritual meaning to it.

 

I would rather be born via c/s, formula fed, and send to day care.  I would rather my mothers took thing like Lithium and Abilify. I would rather she had full time job instead of working from home. and did not  drink. Our entire life was punctuated by   her manic-depressive episodes and drinking binges. But yes, cloth diapers and breastfeeding. Hooray.  My mom filled out the AP checklist.

 

Middle class American are very privileged people compare to the rest of the world. Everything they do has special meaning and spiritual significance from ho their child fed to how their child poops. In the rest of the world, it just called life. In the rest of the world, some women would actually like epidural, and ability to work outside the home and have some childcare. In the rest of the world, women would like choices. I come from another time and another country and I never seize to amazed how amazingly self centered American are. Guess what, the rest of the universe and the rest of the world does not care.   All over  the world people do many of the thing that is called AP here without books, $$$ workshops and special products, martyrdom self congratulatory attitude.

 

P.S. A tip from the old world. You do not need so spend hour reading "How to Feed your Baby", and to spend hours with the food mill. You can just, gaps, mash or blend with a handheld blender whatever food the rest of the family is eating and feed that to your baby.

 

 


I have never read a book on parenting. I never spent a dime on a workshop. I use a food mill because rabbit comes out better that way - other things I just feed the way I'm eating them. I do not think I am the center of the world. I congratulate myself because I work really hard at running a homestead...I left an extremely lucrative career to throw myself into building a selfsufficient life and I'm rockin' it, I'm not going to shy away from shouting out that I'm happy and that I'm really proud for how much I've taught myself and the incredible shift I've accomplished in my life over the last decade. 

 

I'm sorry for the way you were raised, I too, was raised by a manic depressive who spent have her time hitting us and screaming and the other half of the time ignoring us while she lay in bed crying. We were also raised with the simple, whole food and lots of time in the dirt....simply for the fact that we were so poor. I don;t know how to use words to make you know how wrong you are about my worldview, so I'll just say: You're wrong.

 

Perhaps for me, the reason I make such a big deal out of raising my children gently, with so much attachment and painstaking attention to the details that make up their whole life picture, is that I'm scared to death that somewhere inside of me, lurks the legacy of the women in my family. I don't want to hit. I don't want to yell. I don't want to shame...and sometimes, when it's a hectic day, I feel these things rising in me. It takes a lot of focus to remain calm and easy and gentle. I was raised wrong, in those regards. I was raised with good food, rich culture, road trips and books....but not gently. Sometimes I wish things had been different for me, but mostly I'm just glad it will be different for my kids.

 

Maybe AP is my religion and these rites I perform -the way I launder their clothes and speak to them and play with them instead of ignoring them - are the ritual that keep me bound to an idea all day of peace and connectedness instead of distance and criticism and shortness and yelling.

 

Regardless of why I am AP, or whether or not I believe I am the center of the universe.....when I come to an  AP forum, I have a right to expect like minds, not bashing for talking about what it is we all supposedly came here to discuss.

post #117 of 218

Yes, AP became a religion to some people,  a cult. Just like Dr Spock and Dr Ferber and BabyWise is to others. You fail to see the irony, really?

 

and I think when a good idea becomes a religious and a dogma and people feel compelled to fulfill things on the NP cheklist without critical thinking...that is sad.

 

At any rater, I have to go. My kids and I learning the intricaise of Englsih triffle from scratch today.. We learned about it on the EVIL TV after we went to our organic farmer market.

 

P.S> No one ever beat me or hit me. It is insulting that you assumet that every mentally ill person is violent.

post #118 of 218

I find this very repulsive and IDK why you feel the need to talk down to people. I DID grow up in an abusive home BTW and my mom was a manic depressive who killed herself. There was no AP there was nothing normal! No day care! We were , FF, CIO, neglected children. Oh but we we were so lucky right?! We lived in AMERICA were the things I have seen and have had happen to me "don't really happen" and everyone can just put on their fake smiles and pretend everything is just GREAT!

 

SO WHAT if I read a frikin book on something I am trying to aspire to?! Should I go beat my kids b/c I was raised that way. Maybe everyone didn't have it as GOOD as you even with your issues! You come on here discounting everything I aspire to to try and do what I feel is best for my children. AP is my rock to fall back on when I have no clue and no GOOD advice as to what constitutes as being a loving parent. Without MDC I would have found none of this and I would still be trying to do that stupid Baby Whisperer garbage I read about and be miserable and hate the mother I was. All I am trying to do is be a good mother and yet everyone IRL and now even on MDC can bash my core beliefs?

 

NEWS FLASH you can grow up horribly and miserable in the U.S. but OMG those people in other counties who wear there babies all day and BF and co-sleep until they are 2 boy do I feel bad for them b/c here I can work my butt off to the day I die and have nothing to show for it (except a bunch of useless garbage) b/c that is the reality in the U.S. for a lot of people!

 

WHY do you feel the need to come on here and start writing all of this garbage?

 

Obviously you are ignorant of what it can really be like here, there is nothing so magical about the US that everything is hunky dory for everyone.

 

Edited to add: But at least I have a choice (well once I turn 18 anyway or in my case 15 when I became homeless) b/c this is a "free" country and all right? That makes the hell I have been through worth living here!

 

You may say "well that's an extreme case though so it doesn't count" but your mom being an alcoholic manic depressive would not be the "norm" either!
 

Quote
Originally Posted by Alenushka View Post

There is a letter or the law and there is spirit of the law.

 

My mom gave birth to me with zero interventions. I slept in her bed till 2 and weaned when I felt like it. My mom only used cloth diapers. All the food was made from scratch. Summers were spent in the country raising chickens, picking berries, weeding the garden and drinking milk from the grass fed cows. I was home taught till age 7. We had very little TV and tons of books. My brother was no cirked.  I had few plastic toys and my grandma sewed all the clothes for my doll. 90% of the time my mothers used natural remedies like herbs and cupping and energy healers.

 

Oh, what a wonder full AP, holistic life I had as child.

 

My brother grew up to be a drug addict. I am still in therapy.

 

I grew up in Russia where this is the way life was back then and no one patted each other on the back and attached any special spiritual meaning to it.

 

I would rather be born via c/s, formula fed, and send to day care.  I would rather my mothers took thing like Lithium and Abilify. I would rather she had full time job instead of working from home. and did not  drink. Our entire life was punctuated by   her manic-depressive episodes and drinking binges. But yes, cloth diapers and breastfeeding. Hooray.  My mom filled out the AP checklist.

 

Middle class American are very privileged people compare to the rest of the world. Everything they do has special meaning and spiritual significance from ho their child fed to how their child poops. In the rest of the world, it just called life. In the rest of the world, some women would actually like epidural, and ability to work outside the home and have some childcare. In the rest of the world, women would like choices. I come from another time and another country and I never seize to amazed how amazingly self centered American are. Guess what, the rest of the universe and the rest of the world does not care.   All over  the world people do many of the thing that is called AP here without books, $$$ workshops and special products, martyrdom self congratulatory attitude.

 

P.S. A tip from the old world. You do not need so spend hour reading "How to Feed your Baby", and to spend hours with the food mill. You can just, gaps, mash or blend with a handheld blender whatever food the rest of the family is eating and feed that to your baby.

 

 



 


Edited by sosurreal09 - 6/18/11 at 3:36pm
post #119 of 218


OMG I actually grew up in a cult too! A REAL cult. It was scary as hell. Being an AP mom is NOT a cult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alenushka View Post

Yes, AP became a religion to some people,  a cult. Just like Dr Spock and Dr Ferber and BabyWise is to others. You fail to see the irony, really?

 

and I think when a good idea becomes a religious and a dogma and people feel compelled to fulfill things on the NP cheklist without critical thinking...that is sad.

 

At any rater, I have to go. My kids and I learning the intricaise of Englsih triffle from scratch today.. We learned about it on the EVIL TV after we went to our organic farmer market.

 

P.S> No one ever beat me or hit me. It is insulting that you assumet that every mentally ill person is violent.



 

post #120 of 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alenushka View Post

Yes, AP became a religion to some people,  a cult. Just like Dr Spock and Dr Ferber and BabyWise is to others. You fail to see the irony, really?

 

and I think when a good idea becomes a religious and a dogma and people feel compelled to fulfill things on the NP cheklist without critical thinking...that is sad.

 

At any rater, I have to go. My kids and I learning the intricaise of Englsih triffle from scratch today.. We learned about it on the EVIL TV after we went to our organic farmer market.

 

P.S> No one ever beat me or hit me. It is insulting that you assumet that every mentally ill person is violent.



I never said that all mentally ill people are violent. You are obviously intent on hating my guts...perhaps religion was the wrong word to use. Whatever...I'm not going to try and change your mind about me. I'm sorry we can't understand each other better.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Parenting
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › You might be a 'crunchy' parent if...