Ok here it is. I am so done with this place.
1. MDC first posts something incredibly offensive in the Pat Robertson fiasco and then instead of taking any responsibility at all Peggy herself backed by CM passes the buck to a some hapless new employee of the ad team. Way to go management, I forgot the part where being in charge means you blame underlings instead of taking responsibility for the mess YOU are in charge of. This is not the first time this issue has occurred and the response is almost exactly the same. "We didn't know about this, we had someone else doing that". Old School house received basically the same non apology excuses.
2. The fact that MDC posted threads started by members on facebook without alerting anyone to this fact and then acted shocked that people would actually be pissed about it.
3. MDC posts inflammatory daily questions that once again many find offensive then back peddle and apologize shocked that people would take offensive.
4. Naomi Aldort is an academic fraud and when hard questions started being asked about her Cynthia Mosher herself attacked a member and said she was refusing to answer questions...but she would have. Instead the guidelines of the Ask an "expert" forum are changed so no one again can question the credentials of mdc's so called "experts".
5. While it is strictly against the UA racist/homophobic posts are here and yet we are told believe that is not the case ever.
6. The UC forum, because of the moderation there silencing concerned voices and allowing a few outspoken members to basically shout down any concern about the safety of specific situations there have been several incredibly tragic outcomes that are in part a direct result of advice given on the UC "support only" forum. MDC clearly is more interested in it's agenda than the safety of those women considering UC.
Finally the over moderation in the past was absurd and now while there is lighter moderation, we are seeing things like moderators "taking issue" and one going so far as to suggest that the return of not being allowed to question a moderators actions would be a good idea. We all know traffic is way down and MDC's attempt to drum up business has come at the expense of it's longtime members. Simultaneously trying to pander to one facet of posters and appease the other offended half has been failing miserably, I feel like I am watching a train wreck in slow motion. I'm not interested in watching anymore.
Cynthia I think your actions regarding Hollybearsmom were disgusting and childish at best and that was really the nail in the coffin for me. This place is getting more pathetic by the day.
The only thing I am really thankful for at this point is that I did not purchase a subscription to the magazine before it went under. The fact that people were still allowed to purchase subscriptions while it was already known within the company the magazine was going under is just unbelievably unethical.