wow, FB! a mature-age exchange student; that's pretty cool!
maybe what you need is a live-in helper...
So, I have some more big news; actually I need help making a decision. (as always). XDH has been asked by his boss to go for 3 months to work at the head office in San Francisco. Because it's for so long, they have offered to pay for me and DD to accompany him, and they'll give us an apartment and company car for the time we're there.
Basically, it would be an all expenses paid 3 months in San Fran!!! I could spend the fall in the US! I could do all the midwifery workshops I want to do (ohmahgosh!), I could visit beloved friends! We could do all sorts of awesome, interesting stuff in California. Connect with SF unschooling families. Go to the Sequoia Forest National Park and see the big trees again. It's the most phthhhsdflkxcvisenfffff amazing opportunity evah! I might even be able to accept an offer I got to attend a birth in Dominica in November.
buuuuuut... well, it's really soon - they want an answer this week and a final leaving date this month - in 3-4 weeks at most. It would be a lot to organise. I'd have to find a housesitter or something. DD would miss her friends (but she does really want to go). I would miss my girlfriend like CRAZY, and she's really fragile at the moment. I have 2 clients already booked that I wouldn't be able to give proper pre-natal care too - one I might miss the birth of. and it might end up sucking, being stuck there if things go pear-shaped with XDH. I also kinda feel like I just want to be at home for a while, and not travel. but maybe that's not my lot in life, haha!
gah! I hate making big decisions.
what do you all think?