or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › War between the Mom's
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

War between the Mom's - Page 15

post #281 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ Lang View Post

My little one has a bad cold and he's been wanting to nurse all day, I also feel passionate about this subject, I don't think making homemade baby food/breast feeding/non-daycare/non-dairy (the 4 things the O.P. mentioned) are arguably a bad thing.



Wait a minute -- what's that about homemade baby food? My girls never needed any baby food...it was breast all the way 'til they felt ready to take in more and more solids. This means that no one should ever need baby food...though I'll admit that I went through a phase of really enjoying the baby cereal that WIC gave us when dd1 was around one. She, on the other hand, preferred Cheerios or Wheaties...

 

As I see it, me eating that baby cereal was my way of bending to the mainstream advice to add a little cereal to dd's milk, though I can't say that it made her sleep any longer.

 

post #282 of 289

I say, if you feel a need to give your child baby food, you should start having more outer-course!

post #283 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaline'sMama View Post




*gasp*
you slut. I'll bet you were doing that just for fun, not even trying to make a baby!



I know, the nerve of us!

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by mammal_mama View Post





Wait a minute -- what's that about homemade baby food? My girls never needed any baby food...it was breast all the way 'til they felt ready to take in more and more solids. This means that no one should ever need baby food...though I'll admit that I went through a phase of really enjoying the baby cereal that WIC gave us when dd1 was around one. She, on the other hand, preferred Cheerios or Wheaties...

 

As I see it, me eating that baby cereal was my way of bending to the mainstream advice to add a little cereal to dd's milk, though I can't say that it made her sleep any longer.

 


ROTFLMAO.gif
 

 

post #284 of 289

I made meals and my babys (when they were ready) ate what I made, starting with the veggies.  Some babys start eating around 6 months some 8 months.  Some people mash up sweet potato, bananas, peas, squash and things like that, I think of that as baby food, mashed or not.

post #285 of 289
Hahaha. Wow, can this thread get any more offensive and OFF TOPIC? This is why some forums need to be moderated, but that's just my opinion. *sigh*
post #286 of 289

as far as Breastfeeding vs bottle feeding goes i bottle fed mine i am just not comfortable with breast feeding, but i have no problems with people that do it, and im not going to verbally attacking someone for chosing to do so. it was just in my comfort zone.

 

Homemade baby food vs in a jar i always bought it in a jar, but mine never ate baby food hardly at all as soon as they had a few teeth they wanted what i had.

 

Milk vs non-dairy babies depends on the baby, whatever is best for someones child is what i believe they should have.

 

Stay-at-home vs working mama's i am a stay at home mother but that doesnt mean that i look down on working mothers. staying at home full time and having a job and rasing kids are both the hardest jobs anyone could have.

 

like i said above i am a stay at home mom but i also think that it is great if a mother wants to return to work, it is all about what she wants to do and what she sees best. I wanted to stay at home with my children because I wanted all the quality time i could get and with my husband working overnight it just seemed easier. when i was in the hospital after giving birth to my youngest daughter i cried all night long the first night and all night long the second night because i was away from my daughter. I understand where you are coming from with crying at your desk.. It is very hard to be away after not giving yourself some space from your children. Your right everyone does do things differently its all about what is best for each individuals children and what works for that family.

 

post #287 of 289

Some of the choices we make are because we see these issues as extremely important, as important as not smoking around your kids.  This can make hard to watch another mother do what we disagree with.  But we feel so strongly, that our choices have huge impacts on our kids.  We want the world to be a better place, and if only EVERYBODY made the same choices then.... (Did I just say the same thing 4 times?)

     I used to snicker at parents who drove their kids around for naps.  I never did, but now I get it!  I still can be judgmental, though.  I didn't mean to imply that I'm enlightened or anything, just that I understand a little better the struggles of raising kids.  I won't say which camps I reside in, and I apologize for skipping to the end without reading the posts.

post #288 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSilver View Post

Some of the choices we make are because we see these issues as extremely important, as important as not smoking around your kids.  This can make hard to watch another mother do what we disagree with.  But we feel so strongly, that our choices have huge impacts on our kids.  We want the world to be a better place, and if only EVERYBODY made the same choices then.... (Did I just say the same thing 4 times?)

     I used to snicker at parents who drove their kids around for naps.  I never did, but now I get it!  I still can be judgmental, though.  I didn't mean to imply that I'm enlightened or anything, just that I understand a little better the struggles of raising kids.  I won't say which camps I reside in, and I apologize for skipping to the end without reading the posts.



oooh, girl. Sometimes, driving around is the ONLY way to get my DD to sleep. I never understood why parents did that before I had a kid that will literally stay awake for 16 hours at a time with NO NAP.
post #289 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaline'sMama View Post




oooh, girl. Sometimes, driving around is the ONLY way to get my DD to sleep. I never understood why parents did that before I had a kid that will literally stay awake for 16 hours at a time with NO NAP.

Indeed.  Sleep deprivation, being ON without a break, hunger (I learned to eat my food in about 15 seconds when DD1 was a baby, and unfortunately I still do!), health scares, seemingly endless screaming, etc etc. can induce parents to make decisions they would have never dreamed they would make, simply to maintain their own calmness and sanity.
 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Parenting
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › War between the Mom's