DD just turned 5 and is due to start kindergarten this fall. We have previously used religious exemption to bypass the school's need for the vaxes.
She has been speech delayed and has made remarkable progress. All of her testing is now falling within the range of normal for her age. There remains some processing issues, of which, the neurodevelopmental ped. and I are almost certain are related to an Auditory Processing Disorder (though those are not officially diagnosed until a child is 7).
We have her 5 year old well child visit coming up in a few weeks and I know this is going to come up.
I had initially planned to start the separated series of M, M, and R when she was 4 but then it was no longer available.
I do believe it's a good idea for her to be immunized against these diseases at some point. I do NOT want to jeopardize her in any way. I'm feeling more comfortable with her getting this vax this year compared to last year at this time.
But truth be told, I'm not sure I'm ever going to feel great about her finishing up her vaxes.