or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Welcome to Mothering! › Connect With Other Moms › Moms In Your Area › New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania › Vacc-friendly pediatrician/family dr. in Montgomery Township/Montgomery County PA
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vacc-friendly pediatrician/family dr. in Montgomery Township/Montgomery County PA

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 

So once again I'm looking for a pediatrician for my almost 1yo son.  Long story short.... We found a great place back in January who was extremely supportive but the main Dr. that we typically saw is leaving due to something medical. Anyway the practice is basically telling us that the other Docs in the practice are not taking his patients (they are looking for a replacement but have no idea when that will be) and we have to find a new Dr. SIGH So I'm back to square one.

 

Any suggestions on a dr. you use and like that is vacc friendly and completely supportive.

 

Thanks!

post #2 of 12

we drive to pheonixville, pa to see our dcs doctor.  steiner medical center, dr. flood.  there is another dr. there, dr. cantor that i do not recommend, based on personal experience.  they used to have another dr., dr. corpus, but she moved.  they told me they will be getting a NP but aren't sure when this person will start.  google the practice name & the location & the website will come up.

 

sus

post #3 of 12
Thread Starter 

Great! I will check them out. Thanks.

post #4 of 12

We used to see Dr Corpus. I tried to get an appointment with Dr FLood but she is booked until September and we are established patients! I am so frustrated. Dr Flood only works Tuesday and Thursday. I don't recommend Dr Cantor for kids either. I am going to take my kids to Dr Baker who is a homeopath - doesn't take insurance but I may get reimbursed through Personal Choice

post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deir View Post

We used to see Dr Corpus. I tried to get an appointment with Dr FLood but she is booked until September and we are established patients! I am so frustrated. Dr Flood only works Tuesday and Thursday. I don't recommend Dr Cantor for kids either. I am going to take my kids to Dr Baker who is a homeopath - doesn't take insurance but I may get reimbursed through Personal Choice


i took my youngest to see dr. baker because of severe food allergies.  i was quite frustrated when she put a lactose remedy in water (we're dairy free because of the older two dcs dairy allergies) & said 'here, it doesn't have dairy."  um, just becasue it's diluted doesn't mean it doesn't have dairy.  while we may not be allergic to lactose, i don't want us consuming it!  grrr.  and, her growth charts were from a formula manufacturer.  :( :( :(  she was nice & her office person was nice too.  and she was a ped before becoming a homeopath.

 

sus

post #6 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deir View Post

We used to see Dr Corpus. I tried to get an appointment with Dr FLood but she is booked until September and we are established patients! I am so frustrated. Dr Flood only works Tuesday and Thursday. I don't recommend Dr Cantor for kids either. I am going to take my kids to Dr Baker who is a homeopath - doesn't take insurance but I may get reimbursed through Personal Choice


Dr. Baker came up in my research.  I was wondering about the insurance thing. We have Personal Choice too - would love to know how that works out for you!

 

This searching for the best doc for your children is daunting!

 

post #7 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama24-7 View Post




i took my youngest to see dr. baker because of severe food allergies.  i was quite frustrated when she put a lactose remedy in water (we're dairy free because of the older two dcs dairy allergies) & said 'here, it doesn't have dairy."  um, just becasue it's diluted doesn't mean it doesn't have dairy.  while we may not be allergic to lactose, i don't want us consuming it!  grrr.  and, her growth charts were from a formula manufacturer.  :( :( :(  she was nice & her office person was nice too.  and she was a ped before becoming a homeopath.

 

sus

What was your experience in getting reimbursed from insurance when going to Dr. Baker's?
 

 

post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJTmommy View Post



What was your experience in getting reimbursed from insurance when going to Dr. Baker's?
 

 


i did not submit it.  we have deductibles & i just didn't bother (or bother to have dh do it, he's the one who handles that stuff ;-).  i submitted it to our flexible spending account to be reimbursed w/o problem.

 

sus

 

post #9 of 12

What does vax friendly mean?  No vax or select/delay vax?  I posted on another thread a few minutes ago with my recommendations based on your answer to the two.

post #10 of 12

Dr. Larry Miller on 2031 N Broad St Ste 121 (near Cowpath Road) in Lansdale. He is very vax friendly. He actually thanked us for not vaccinating our son. There is always a wait time in the waiting room, which is a downside, but worth it IMO. He spends a lot of time with you if you need it. He also thought it was awesome that we were homebirthing and has been supportive of us using homeopathy and herbal remedies. He's a family doctor. My husband goes to him and likes him. I haven't gone to him yet, but probably will in the future. Before him, we saw Dr. Fried in Kimberton. He's okay. He is vax friendly. He only recommends the tetanus vaccine, but if you decline he'll give you a long speech about it. He does try to make you sign a vaccine waiver. We just didn't click with him and he's almost an hour away from us, so we stopped going.

post #11 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillytwinmama View Post

What does vax friendly mean?  No vax or select/delay vax?  I posted on another thread a few minutes ago with my recommendations based on your answer to the two.



Select/delay vax is what I'm looking for. Thanks!

post #12 of 12

Dr. Jennifer Coren is at Hatboro Pediatrics and by far she is the best pediatrician that I have seen to date.  She used to be with Lower Bucks Pediatrics and recently split off to provide more personalized care for her patients.  Dr. Coren always gets down to the kids level to make them feel comfortable and really connects with parents.  I would follow her anywhere, but VERY happy that she stayed in the area.  www.hatboropediatrics.com

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Welcome to Mothering! › Connect With Other Moms › Moms In Your Area › New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania › Vacc-friendly pediatrician/family dr. in Montgomery Township/Montgomery County PA