or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

It's pretty pathetic

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 

to be this excited about mucous.  lol.gif

 

I've been doing all my magic tricks (EPO, 5W, bouncing on a ball, sex, spicy food, pineapple) and finally I'm starting to see results!  I went from 0 to 2 cm in a week and today... Houston, we have mucous!  Not a big amount, but definitely a small chunk of the plug.  I don't think I could be more thrilled.  I haven't lost a mucous plug since I was pregnant with my first (and I was induced a couple hours later after that... big regret!)

 

I'm off to do some more bouncing!

post #2 of 13

hurray! It's pretty strange to be happy (and slightly jealous) about someone else's mucous, right?

 

Looks like the EPO lube is working, keep up the good work!joy.gif

post #3 of 13

thumb.gif Yay!  broc1.gif

post #4 of 13

Well my mucus plug came out a week ago, and I still don't have my baby yet! I'm a little disappointed. I was 1.5cm dilated on Tuesday. The contractions have been getting a little stronger, though, so hopefully I'm making more progress. I'm only 38 weeks today though. I hope I don't have another month of waiting...

post #5 of 13

Slightly OT here but why have I never had a mucous plug  ever? And it's not like I wouldn't have noticed such a thing either, I just never had one (5 babies too so far LOL). I'm thinking I do get a large amount of watery discharge and maybe some women just have that? Anyone know? I'll ask my MW today about this.

post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelylisa View Post

hurray! It's pretty strange to be happy (and slightly jealous) about someone else's mucous, right?

 


ROTFL!!  Well, I'm totally with you!! praying.gif

 

post #7 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBrockBaca View Post

Well my mucus plug came out a week ago, and I still don't have my baby yet! I'm a little disappointed. I was 1.5cm dilated on Tuesday. The contractions have been getting a little stronger, though, so hopefully I'm making more progress. I'm only 38 weeks today though. I hope I don't have another month of waiting...


Yeah, I know it doesn't mean labor is imminent or anything.  I just want to be sure that my cervix is really ready for this induction.  Seeing chunks of plug are a good sign that it will be!  thumb.gif

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmama66 View Post

Slightly OT here but why have I never had a mucous plug  ever? And it's not like I wouldn't have noticed such a thing either, I just never had one (5 babies too so far LOL). I'm thinking I do get a large amount of watery discharge and maybe some women just have that? Anyone know? I'll ask my MW today about this.

 

You probably aren't losing it until active labor, which is totally normal.  That's what happened to me during my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th pregnancies.  I never saw it, but I know it was there.
 

*Edited to change it from loosing to losing.  I should be ashamed of myself. LOL.


Edited by SuburbanHippie - 6/30/11 at 1:50pm
post #8 of 13

Yayyyyy, mucus!! :D

post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbanHippie View Post




Yeah, I know it doesn't mean labor is imminent or anything.  I just want to be sure that my cervix is really ready for this induction.  Seeing chunks of plug are a good sign that it will be!  thumb.gif

 



 

You probably aren't losing it until active labor, which is totally normal.  That's what happened to me during my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th pregnancies.  I never saw it, but I know it was there.
 

*Edited to change it from loosing to losing.  I should be ashamed of myself. LOL.



I never saw it in active labor- how weird is that? Or I am some freak of nature that never gets a plug??

post #10 of 13
Thread Starter 

I never saw it in active labor either, but the nurse made a comment about it once during my 2nd labor when she went to check me.  I didn't even notice it.

post #11 of 13

My MW told me mine probably comes out with all my birth stuff (membranes and such) and that's why I've never seen it.

post #12 of 13
Thread Starter 

It's probably even more pathetic when you feel disappointed the next day when there is no mucous whatsoever.  shake.gif

post #13 of 13

Booooo! Well maybe that means you're almost done :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: July 2011