I've decided to to only selectively vax after much research. I want DD to get DTap but I don't want her to get the combo vax. I will be calling her peds office to see what they have. What should I tell them when asked about vax? Usually the nurse asks first and I can just tell her that I want the dtap today. The dr though may give me more issues,but I am not sure. He is older and very pro vax. Last visit I told him I was doing my research and wanted to be more informed and we weren't doing any that day. He asked if I had any "specific" concerns and I said no because I didn't really want to discuss it with him, so he ran through all the typical concerns and said why they really weren't or shouldn't be concerns. He gave me the cdc website for reference and I asked for copies of her vax to date and the schedule they follow.
Anyway I am wondering what to tell him if he wants more info about my decisions, or why the dtap but not the combo vax. I really don't want to discuss this with him. How do I request a certain brand? i'll have to go back and look at the brands but one has less aluminum but has traces of mercury while the other 2 have more aluminum but no mecury... which would you pick?